Chapter 2 - Battle of Christophsis

"They're back," Anakin calls as Obi-Wan, Theseus, and several other clones from the 212th run up behind him and Rex. Theseus skids to a stop behind the Knight, watching anxiously as two large spider droids march into view from in between the tall green structures of the planet of Christophsis. So much for having nearly won the battle.

"I thought we'd just defeated them," he sighs. These droids seem impossible to get rid of. They're numbers are never-ending.

"I told you this victory was too easy," Obi-Wan replies, "We should never have sent the ship back for supplies."

"It wasn't my idea to send the ship back," Anakin retaliates. Theseus smothers a snort. Exactly.

"All right, men," Obi-Wan says, turning to look back at the clones, "Second wave incoming."

"Rex, you and your men follow me," Anakin orders, turning and striding off towards the oncoming droids.

"Cody, battle positions. Padawan, you stay with me," Obi-Wan commands, looking to Theseus who nods.

That's when the cannons start firing from behind, blast after blast striking the oncoming army. Thick black smoke billows around the explosions. Theseus ignites the lightsaber, spinning the blade to deflect bolts alongside Obi-Wan as the droids advance.

The clones start moving forwards as well, shooting at the droids. He does his best not to think about the presences blinking out of the Force around him, focusing only on taking out droid after droid without getting too close. Obi-Wan hasn't charged the droids yet, so he stays next to his master.

The Jedi Master motions for the clones to start pushing ahead. The cannons fire almost non-stop, blasting the droids in front of them to pieces. The ground is shaking from the explosions everywhere, and the scent of smoke is permeating everything.

Large spider-like droids start advancing, the name of which Theseus cannot for the life of him remember, though he's fairly certain Cody told him. "Skywalker should have attacked by now!" Cody interjects from where he's shooting nearby, being covered by Obi-Wan. A couple other clones have since taken shelter behind Theseus.

"Don't worry! He knows the plan!"

"But when will he carry it out?" the padawan mumbles, scanning the view. Still so sign of Anakin. Maybe he's not in position yet?

Finally, he sees a flash of light above the droids and looks up to see Anakin landing on top of one of the spider's, his lightsaber activated. Rex and the rest of his group take off with jetpacks, landing around the spider droids and shooting up at them. One of the other spider droids starts shooting at Anakin, who casually deflects the bolts onto the droids below.

"Come on, then!" Obi-Wan calls, waving the troops forwards.

"Right on!" Cody echoes, and they all charge.

Theseus moves methodically through the battle droids, cutting them down before swinging to deflect bolts from the others and continuing on through their ranks. Obi-Wan cuts them down alongside him a short distance away. The clones are being shot all around him, and he tries to convince himself they aren't dying when they fall, but more step forwards to fill their brothers' places.

Two more cannon blasts strike the ground right in front of the spider droids, which are behind the group of battle droids Theseus and the others are destroying. A nearby clone runs forwards, shooting down several of the droids, before kicking down another. Theseus jumps forwards, shoving him aside as a nearby droid nearly shoots him straight in the back. He ducks out of the way as the shot nearly grazes him instead, before lunging at it, lopping its head off.