Chapter 81 - The Last Battle

Author's Note: Welp, there are only twenty chapters left, including this one. ^-^ As excited as I am to get to the end so y'all can read it, it'll be sad to finish posting this fic. xP

~ Amina Gila

There's another Imperial traitor leaking information to the Rebellion. No one knows who, but they can only be grateful. It's been six months since Malachor now, six months in which they've been working tirelessly.

They're making progress, keeping the Empire busy on more than one front. Their forces are spreading more and more thinly across the galaxy as they try to keep up with the attacks from Crimson Dawn and the rest of Maul's criminal buddies, and it makes it easier for the Rebellion when they stage their own attacks. So, yes, they are making progress against the Imperials much more quickly now.

Of course, the Empire is responding with equal force. Grand Admiral Thrawn – vaguely, Marr remembers Anakin fought with him once during the Clone Wars – has been deployed to the general area their specific group of rebels is fighting in, though. And that is not a good thing, if it continues.

He already mostly squashed the movement on Ryloth, and most of Cham's fighters have had to disappear into hiding. The Ghost Crew had been there, and they barely got out alive.

All they can do is keep throwing everything they have at the Empire, and that means they need more fresh weapon supplies.

"You're sure you don't need help?" Hera asks, she and Sabine stopping at the top of the ramp.

"I can't imagine what you two could help with that all of us couldn't handle," Anastasia chirps.

"Here's one thing," Marr retaliates, "What if we need a fast pickup?"

"Good thing some people have jetpacks then," she retorts.

"Hey, not everyone is gonna have one," Sabine calls, "What'll you do then?"

"We'll figure it out on the fly!"

Marr rolls his eyes. "Brilliant planning."

"I'm sure everything will go horribly wrong," Kanan deadpans.

"You two are very optimistic," Hera says, dryly.

"Come on, what did you expect?" Anastasia asks, lightly.

"We'll be fine," Ezra cuts in, and Marr can only marvel at how the teenager is the only one with a brain here. Then again, that seemed true for him when he was growing up too, "We got a Clone Wars veteran with us."

"That would be two," Marr supplies.

"Don't you mean three or does your little brother here not count?" Anastasia asks, looking from him to Kanan.

Kanan looks on the verge of rolling his eyes. "I hardly fought for more than a couple months. They were in it almost from the start."

"I hate to interrupt, but we have a mission to do," Rex interjects.

"Are you ready?" Ezra asks cheerfully, starting forwards.

They head into the building, as Rex does a recon on the weapons. It's full of munitions, and there's more proton bombs here than they may even be able to take.

"We need to be careful," Marr warns, taking the lead as they walk into the darkened facility. He doesn't sense anyone here, but something's not quite right.

"The droids used to protect their armories with ray shields," Rex concurs.

"What's a ray shield?" Ezra inquires.

"You're telling me you're fighting a war and you don't know what that is?" Anastasia asks, almost incredulously.

"In case you didn't notice, they have gone out of style," Kanan shoots back.