Chapter 10 - The Blue Shadow Virus

Theseus, Ahsoka, and their masters have been called to Naboo on an urgent mission. A number of Separatist droids were spotted, and there's talk about a deadly virus having resurfaced in the swamps. And there is no doubt some sort of connection between the two. It's not as if biological warfare is beneath the Separatists. It certainly wouldn't be the first time they decided to destroy a planet.

"General Kenobi, Anakin," greets Captain Typho, the head of Senator Amidala's security as the four Jedi get off the gunship, "We're so glad –"

"Where's Senator Amidala?" Anakin demands, cutting him off. Which reminds Theseus of when they were on the Malevolence and how worried Anakin was about her. They're clearly good friends, so no wonder he's worried. At times, he almost wonders if they're something more.

"She went to look for the lab," replies the Captain.

"And you let her go?!" Anakin demands incredulously.

"Senator Padme can be very hard to stop once she has made up her mind," Threepio interjects, moving forwards. Well, Theseus has definitely noticed that.

"Good point," Anakin sighs, "I know what you mean."

"This is Peppi Bow," Captain Typho declares, motioning to the Gungan standing behind him, "She was the last person to see them. Padme sent her here to safety."

"Thesa looking for the sick-maker," informs the Gungan.

"'They?'" repeats Anakin.

"Representative Binks was with her," explains Typho.

Anakin looks to Ahsoka. "Go with the Gungan. See if you can find them."

"You've got it, Master," she chirps.

"You go with her, Theseus," Obi-Wan adds.

"Why didn't you send someone to look for them?" Theseus hears Anakin demands as he follows Ahsoka and Peppi out of the room. Theseus' BD droid rides on his shoulder, and they head off together.

"You know, no offense, but I really prefer speeders," Theseus remarks as the large shaak he, Ahsoka, and Peppi are riding on continues to lumber across the terrain. The sun is nearing the horizon, orange light streaming in between the towering trees of the forest. It's a beautiful sight to behold, especially from so far off the ground, but one of these moments he is going to go flying.

"Hey, at least it's something other than the ordinary," Ahsoka offers brightly.

"When has anything these days been ordinary?" he smirks, another jostle nearly dislodging him. He hastily catches onto Ahsoka to avoid falling.

"Good point," she agrees.

Peppi finally stops the shaak, and the three of them jump to the ground. "These the ship belonging to them," she says.

Theseus looks around the clearing, seeing nothing. "So where are they?" Ahsoka wonders, "Their tracks end here."

"That doesn't make sense," he mutters, frowning. Something isn't right. The Force is tensing around them like something is about to happen.

As if on cue, a droid sensor suddenly sticks up out of the ground right beneath one of Peppi's feet. A red eye sensor turns straight towards him and Ahsoka. They frantically duck around it, out of its line of sight as the Gungan continues to rock precariously in her position on top.

"Peppi, it's a scope," Ahsoka hisses, "Don't let them see you."

The eye continues to move in a circle, and finally the Togruta flips through the air, taking the Gungan with her as they duck behind a large tree trunk nearby. Theseus jumps after, crouching next to them.