Chapter 39 - The Lawless

Anastasia whirls around from where she was fighting off several of the other guards, and promptly fires at Maul, using her other hand with a combat plasma shield to block anyone who's currently shooting at her. What is she even thinking? Shouldn't it be obvious that you don't attack a Sith Lord with only a blaster?

She's promptly lifted off the ground in a Force choke. Raw panic runs through Theseus and not caring how stupid he's being, he charges the Sith. A ruby blade springs to life in Maul's hand, swinging down to intercept his blow. Out of the corner of his eye, he sees his sister lying on the ground behind him, and he breathes a silent sigh of relief.

Or at least would have, if not for the fact that another red lightsaber, courtesy of Savage, is swinging for his head now. He dives out of the way of both Sith, jumping back as Savage slashes at him again. Obi-Wan finally runs up, and Maul lunges at him.

He doesn't have time to keep track of them with the other Zabrak charging at him now, spinning that double-bladed lightsaber around almost like it's some sort of club. Theseus hastily parries the next couple of blows, taking a few steps back from the force of them. It's not that this Sith is good with a lightsaber as much as it is that he uses so much brute force, which, in the long run, can make it easier for an opponent since he'll wear himself out. Doesn't help right now, though.

They continue trading blows wildly while Obi-Wan fights Maul behind them. The Mandalorians are still creating chaos in the background, with constant blaster fire and a few occasional explosions that Theseus doesn't know the source of.

Someone – he doesn't see who – fires a few shots at Savage, who whirls around with a snarl, and promptly charges for them. It gives him a moment, at least, and he turns to scan the rest of the battle scene.

This is a fight they're losing, that much he can tell. The other guards keep on coming, and they don't have infinite numbers like this. They need to try making a run – or fly – for it, or they're never going to get out of here. Maybe they'd stand a better chance against the Sith elsewhere, but not here in the middle of so many other Mandalorians.

In the midst of the chaos, he catches sight of Satine standing near Bo, who finally turns, shoving a blaster into her hands. "Make yourself useful," she orders, before whirling around and firing off another round of shots.

Obi-Wan is still fighting Maul, and Theseus throws himself into the fight without a second thought. Maul – very unlike the other Sith – actually does use a very deadly fighting style. It's much easier with Obi-Wan at his side. If they had enough time, maybe they'd be able to defeat him – with the speed at which the red blade is constantly whirling between them he's hardly even sure – but they're running out of time. They're going to be completely surrounded soon.

Obi-Wan finally throws Maul back with the Force, sending him flying straight into Savage as the other was running to join the fight, and the two of them take off. "Get to the ship!" Bo yells over the commotion.

Theseus nods sharply, sprinting for the ramp, Satine close behind. She tosses the blaster aside, which he's not sure she even used in the first place, running up the ramp. Obi-Wan skids to a stop at the bottom of the ramp, spinning his lightsaber to deflect away the shots as Theseus runs onto the shuttle.

He slides into the pilot's seat, hands flying over the controls. He slams a hand down on the control for the guns, but nothing happens. They don't have time for the ship to malfunction right now.

Finally, they activate, and he fires several laser blasts at Maul as he tries to run for the ship. Flipping some more controls frantically, the ship takes off the ground, shakily wildly as more controls spark.