Chapter 25 - Lost and Found

It's been days now, and there's still no sign of Ahsoka anywhere. Theseus sits next to Anakin beside a galactic holomap. They aren't really getting anywhere either, but Anakin refuses to give up even though he's been awake practically nonstop since it happened. Theseus knows they both should really get some sleep soon, but he doubts he could even if he tried.

He looks up at the sound of someone approaching, to see Plo heading down the staircase into the room. "Have you found anything?"

"Not yet," Theseus responds with a sigh. He absolutely refuses to give up, but he can't stop thinking about her. If it was something too bad, they would feel it, right? He doesn't know. She could be on the farthest side of the galaxy for all he knows, and their bond isn't that strong, all things considered.

"What is Ahsoka's strength?" Plo inquires, looking to Anakin.

"She is fearless," Anakin answers immediately.

"That can also be a weakness. Is she a worthy apprentice?" He circles around behind them, stopping with his back facing the holomap table.

"No one has her kind of determination."

"Except you."

"I'll find her," Anakin insists firmly.

"This may not be within your power," Plo declares, finally turning around to face them.

Frustration flashes across Anakin's face as he turns away from the holomap. "Whatever you're trying to say, Master Plo, just say it."

"I am suggesting that perhaps, if you have trained her well, she shall take care of herself, and find a way back to you," he answers, heading back for the staircase. That – well, Theseus knows that it's true, and he does have a point. Ahsoka is very experienced, but at the same time, he's not sure if it's enough to get through whatever situation she's in. He knows that wherever she is, she'll be doing everything in her power to find her way back, and maybe that in part is the problem, because if she's been captured by the Separatists and won't stop trying to escape.... No, he needs to have more faith in her abilities. He can't let himself think like that.

"Maybe we should stop and get some rest," Theseus suggests finally.

"You go ahead. I'm staying here."

"You know we'll be much more effective if we're not both falling asleep on our feet tomorrow morning," he quips, even though he knows it takes more than a few days for that to happen.

"There's no time," Anakin insists.

"Fine. I'll stay... for a while." Theseus concedes. He may or may not have ended up falling asleep on the edge of the table.

***

They're still at the holomap a few days later when Theseus' comm suddenly beeps. His mother. "Yes, Master?" he greets as he answers. Anakin looks up from the map to listen.

"We found Ahsoka. She's on her way back to the Temple with several other previously missing padawans; they have escaped their captivity from a gang of Trandoshans."

Ahsoka. She's – she's alive. She's alright. Relief doesn't even begin to encompass the surge of overwhelming emotions that engulf him. He'd feared the worst, but like Plo said, she's found her way back.

"We're coming over," Anakin replies instantly, sprinting for the door with the other padawan a few steps behind. He was supposed to take care of her, but he failed. A million questions are forming in his mind, desperate to know if she's alright and what happened and how it happened, but those thoughts are washed away in the face of the desperate guilt crushing him. He'd made a stupid mistake and she could have died for it. What kind of master lets their padawan get kidnapped, anyway?