Chapter 19 - Overlords

What Theseus would really like to know right now is why someone from far beyond the Outer Rim is contacting them with a Jedi signal that hasn't been used in over 2,000 years. Maybe some ancient unknown Jedi has discovered a bunch of Sith hiding out beyond the Outer Rim, just like what happened in the days of the Old Republic. That – Never mind. He's pretty his visions of Revan are starting to get to his head and make him go insane. Scratch that train of thought.

He'd also really like to know how in the world Rex can be at the rendezvous point when they are too, and neither of them see each other anywhere. Just then, all of the power to the ship promptly flickers and dies.

"You know, I think we just hit a dead end," Theseus announces.

"Everything's dead!" Anakin exclaims.

Ahsoka checks the controls next to her, "Even the life support."

"This is really strange," Obi-Wan murmurs.

Right on cue, the lights all flicker back on again. "There. See? Nothing to be concerned about after all," Anakin offers hopefully.

"Then what's that?" Ahsoka demands, pointing out the front window. Theseus turns, following her gaze. In the darkness of space beyond, a huge sort of pyramid shaped something looms in front of them.

"Looks a little like a way oversized holocron if you ask me," Theseus mutters.

"It's pulling us towards it!" Ahsoka exclaims, as the ship continues to move forwards, no matter what Anakin does to try and change course. The Force is humming strangely around them, unlike anything he's ever felt before. The center of the dark pyramid seems to almost open, a blinding white light shining out of it. What in the universe is that?

The ship is pulled straight forwards into the light. It's so blindingly bright that Theseus raises a hand to shield his eyes from it. "Everyone, strap yourselves in. Looks as though we're going for a ride," Obi-Wan warns.

The next thing Theseus knows, he's slowly returning to consciousness. The first thing that hits him as he opens his eyes – aside from the fact that everyone else mysteriously drifted off as well – is the strangeness of the Force around him. It's so blindingly strong and bright; he's never felt anything even remotely comparable to it. Almost as though his connection to the Force has increased a thousand times, and he also almost instantly notices how much deeper his emotions seem to run. It's a very strange feeling to suddenly be able to feel his confusion with every part of his body. For a brief moment he has to wonder: is this how Anakin feels all the time, with his connection to the Force? He forces the thought away as soon as it comes. It's much too unnerving to think of someone having to live like this all the time, because he already wants to leave. It's far too much to handle.

"I must have blacked out." Anakin is the first to speak as he slowly sits up from where he must've... fallen asleep on the control.

"Then who landed the shuttle?" Obi-Wan asks skeptically.

"Not me," offers Ahsoka.

"Seems like it landed itself," Theseus remarks, turning his gaze out the window. They're in the middle of a field of bright green grass, trees scattered all around. Mountain and hills rise in the distance.

"Where are we?" Anakin wonders.

"Some kind of organic mass," Ahsoka pipes up, pushing a few buttons on the controls next to her, "All of our readings indicate that it's bigger than an asteroid. But at least the atmosphere is breathable."

"Yeah, because suffocating to death isn't very high on my priority list," Theseus remarks.

"Why's it on your list at all?" Anakin shoots back.