Chapter 66 - Call to Action

The mood on the Ghost after the Trayvis incident is unsurprisingly low. He was one of their few supporters, after all, or one of the few people they thought was their supporter. Marr is hardly surprised when one of the next things they see on the news is how the Senator has decided to "realign" himself with the Empire.

Of course, because he couldn't keep luring rebels into a trap now that the truth about his real loyalties is out. Marr is almost surprised no one else noticed the warning signs before, or maybe it's that they did and never made it out to tell anyone. "Now that you've committed yourself to the Empire, will your followers do the same?" asks the annoying interviewer.

"Most will," he assures, "These were good people who simply wanted to make the Empire a better place – peacefully. But I'm afraid these insurgents have twisted my message." The hologram flips to show an image of all members of the Ghost crew, and Marr and Vizma.

"So much for keeping a low profile," he grumbles under his breath as he stares at the picture. It shows all of them far too clearly for his liking. And it's going to make doing anything here far more difficult, because there's bound to be Imperials who will recognize them now.

"Turn it off," Zeb growls as the Senator goes on to announce a reward for their capture.

"Still makes me sick to think that Trayvis is working for the Empire," Hera hisses.

"Every time we win, we lose," Ezra sighs.

"I know," Vizma mumbles, and Marr gets the immediate feeling that she's thinking about Satine again. Her death is something that continuously haunts both of them, and someday, Marr is content they will have vengeance.

"Well, I have a plan that just might even the score," Kanan says, a contemplative look on his face. "If Trayvis can do it, we can do it too."

"You're proposing we send out messages the way he was?" Marr asks. He can see where he's going with this.

"Some kind of inspirational type messages?" Zeb echoes, practically rolling his eyes.

"Exactly!" Kanan agrees, and Zeb freezes, wide-eyed

"Exactly!" Hera concurs.

"It's too late to try and lay low anyway," Marr points out, "They know what we look like now, and there's gonna be holos of us everywhere."

"Um... I don't get it," Sabine admits.

"Yeah, Kanan, what are you thinking?" Ezra asks, "We can't just send a signal. The Empire would track it in half a second."

"Other people have done it before," Vizma offers.

"The signal can come from one of their towers," Kanan says, sounding pleased with himself.

"Good thinking," Marr compliments, "It might work at something, at least."

"Ah, now I get it," Sabine murmurs, wary, but smiling.

"You want to take control of an Imperial communications tower and then use it to send a message to the people of Lothal?" Ezra asks, pacing across the room and turning around. He seems the tiniest bit overwhelmed.

"Not just Lothal. One of those big towers can reach a few systems."

"That's a crazy plan."

"That's why you like it," Kanan replies lightly.

"And what would we say in this message?" Ezra counters.

"I thought Zeb worded it as 'inspirational' messages?" Vizma chirps.

"Something the Empire never says – the truth," Kanan replies, "We have to let people know what it's really like out here. Now are you in?"

"Of course," Marr concurs. He has a surprisingly good feeling about this plan... Well, there's something not so good there too, but at the same time, he has the feeling that it's going to lead to something... far more positive than he's experienced in years. It's what they need to do, he thinks, even if it's dangerous.