Chapter 87 - Dagobah

Author's Note: Marr isn't paid enough. At ALL. Lol. 

~ Tirana Sorki

It's soon. So soon. Everything is winding down, and Marr pushes his fears to the back of his mind as he disembarks from his ship on Tatooine. They could use Obi-Wan's help for this, and possibly Master Yoda's, too, if they can find him. It's worth a try at least, and Marr can't help the near giddiness consuming all his senses. He sensed a shift in the Force on the way here, one indicating this choice is important, one that will make drastic changes in the near future. Hopefully good ones. He can hope. He does hope.

He's landed the ship – the one he originally left Mandalore on – near Obi-Wan's home and approaches with BD. He has the feeling the droid will come in handy. He usually does, and he's good company.

Obi-Wan doesn't return until later in the day, shortly before sundown, and he seems slightly surprised, but just as relieved.

"The time's almost up," Marr blurts out in a rush. "We're finalizing the last parts of the plan to get to Coruscant. The biggest difficultly will be getting into the palace, and then... well, Vader. And," Marr continues, "I came to see if you would be willing to help us. Just this once. We need everyone we can get. I'd much prefer going into it if I was with both you and Ahsoka. I know Master Yoda is alive, but I don't know if you've heard of him."

"I have," he confesses, "He's in exile. I do not know if he would want to become involved, but we can ask."

"Good." It couldn't hurt. He doesn't need Yoda's approval, but it would still make him feel better. For all that has changed, his respect for the Grandmaster is one thing that has not. "We have targets marked, and we need to divert Imperial troops to give us the pass we need to get to Coruscant. We'll steal some Star Destroyers, and it's going to be tricky, but after we get through..."

"You must be cautious," Obi-Wan warns, "Not even Master Yoda was able to defeat Sidious."

Marr refuses to let the warning dampen his excitement, but he understands its meaning, nevertheless. "The Force is with us," he replies instead. "I believe we are meant to win this battle, one way or another. I sense we will have more help than expected. The public does not support the Empire as it once did."

"You may be right," Obi-Wan reluctantly concedes. "I do not know. Luke is not yet ready."

"Well, he's going to have to be," Marr points out, "But he doesn't need to come with us to fight Sidious."

"I suppose you're right," he agrees. "It may be time. I will meditate on this and..."

"Whatever it is you do," Marr replies, "It's fine. Take your time. If you know where Master Yoda is, I would like to speak with him as well. We could use his help against Sidious, especially if he's already fought him once."

"I will take you there," Obi-Wan reluctantly agrees, "But we should take Luke with us."

Marr finds himself wondering if it's about his mission, or if it's more about himself. He can understand that. If... he lost his own child, he would never want to leave another one in his charge out of his sight. Being apart from Vizma is hard enough as is. And yet, despite it all, something about Obi-Wan seems slightly... different, perhaps. Marr imagines he's still living in denial, but he can understand that. He saw a small glimpse of how close Anakin and Obi-Wan once were, and he understands with clarity why it would destroy them both if... well, whatever happened between them.

"Why do you think Anakin is still there?" Obi-Wan asks him suddenly.

The question catches him slightly off-guard. "He offered Ahsoka and I a chance to join him when he saw us. He let us go without a fight. He didn't want to hurt us. I saw it. I felt it. I felt his fear when we asked him to betray Sidious."