Chapter 6 - Echoes of the Past

Force-visions are a rare occurrence, but that doesn't mean he never has them. Theseus had been thinking about his crystal again when he fell asleep, wondering exactly where it could be. He knows it's time for him to get it. There's only so long he can keep using a lightsaber that isn't his own. Besides, green feels wrong for him.

Even as a distinct image of a planet forms in mind, Theseus knows he is dreaming. The terrain is covered with forests and fields, and he's pretty sure he's seen it before, probably during some of his studies at the Temple, because he knows he's never been there before.

The scene shifts again in front of him, showing a cave where crystals rise out of the ground before finally fading.

Dantooine, he realizes, jolting awake. That's the place it was showing him. So maybe that's where he's supposed to go to find a crystal for his lightsaber. After so long, he was beginning to wonder if he could ever find the place.

***

"Are space snakes really that interesting?" Ahsoka finally can't hold back the comment any longer. Really, how long has he been staring at that same page?

Theseus jumps at the sudden noise, knocking the record he's reading straight onto the floor with a crash. "What?" he huffs as he leans down to pick it up. She can't quite smother a giggle.

He gives her a mock glare. "You know, it's un-Jedi like to laugh at other people's misfortunes."

"Well, you've literally been staring at that page for the past fifteen minutes."

"I was just –"

"Daydreaming?"

"Thinking about stuff," Theseus finishes, ignoring the interruption.

"What sort of 'stuff'" she asks, a little curiously this time.

"I had a vision... I think," he answers, shifting a little uncomfortably. "I think I'm supposed to go to Dantooine to get my lightsaber crystal."

"Oh!" she exclaims. Of all places in the galaxy, that would not have been one of her guesses. "Have you spoken with Master Obi-Wan about it?"

"Not yet," he admits.

"Well, you should soon. Before we're sent off to the fronts again."

Theseus nods, briefly eyeing Qui-Gon's lightsaber, which he's still using, before he stands up. "We should probably be going now anyway. It's getting late."

"Well, I think we still have about ten more minutes before Master Anakin gets out of that class of younglings he's with, but yes, we probably should get going," Ahsoka agrees, standing up and following him over to the shelf to put the records they were reading away.

"I was wondering what happened to you," a familiar voice suddenly speaks up from right behind them. Ahsoka looks up to see a Mirialan girl who's been in many of the same classes as her and Theseus over the years, walking over to them. She's someone neither of them has ever gotten along with, and definitely not someone Ahsoka feels like dealing with right now. She doesn't need her ruining the first surprisingly good day she's had in a long time.

The girl snickers about nothing apparent, gaze focusing on Theseus. "I was beginning to think Master Kenobi got rid of you like Master Yoda did."

Ahsoka's eyes narrow angrily, and Theseus stiffens ever so slightly – probably only visible to her since she knows him so well. Seriously, she knows that's still a sensitive topic for her friend and if she was younger, she might have punched the Mirialan for bringing it up like that.

"You ever wonder why he got rid of you?" she smirks, going on before either of them has a chance to say a word, "'cause he knew you'd never amount to anything with the way you are. It's not going to be long before Master Kenobi realizes the same thing."