Chapter 91 - In The Name Of The Rebellion

Author's Note: Things... do not go as planned. ;)

PS. In case anyone is interested, we've started posting a fic that actually is Ahsoka/OC which is called Mosaic. :D

~ Amina Gila

Bo-Katan knows what's about to happen, from what Marr briefly mentioned of his visions, and from how the Star Destroyers seem to be getting into position over the planet. She yells out orders to the others, to get up there as fast as they can. They have to take all of these down, as fast as they can. And they will make the Empire regret ever setting foot on Mandalore.

Most of them take off in their jetpacks, while the others go to get fighters. They'll need more firepower for this. They don't have enough. She has never fought the Empire head-on like this before, and doesn't really know what to expect, but Marr and Vizma have. There is a chance of aerial bombardment, and if so, they need to stop the Star Destroyers before they approach the planet. It would cause mass chaos and death.

Whoever of Saxon's people still alive down there are probably the first who'll be hit, and... they have it coming. They betrayed Mandalore, after all. They're traitors.

They don't make it all the way up there before the Star Destroyer right over them opens fire. The laser blasts rain down around her, and she dodges out of the way purely on instinct. Vizma, unsurprisingly, is fastest in ducking them. For a moment, Bo glances down, as the blasts tear into the surface.

It's too clouded by smoke, and the raining laser bolts to make out the damage, but she's instantly hit with the sinking feeling that the Empire means to destroy everything. The whole planet.

They're fools if they really think they can kill every single Mandalorian in such a manner, but she knows how much could be lost. The entire planet could be left in ruins, if they aren't fast enough.

Korkie tries to duck the next barrage of laser blasts, but he isn't fast enough, and one of them strikes him, sending him spiraling out of control.

"Korkie!" Vizma yells.

He's struggling to get his jetpack back under control, but he's still moving, so that means he couldn't have been that seriously injured.

"We must focus," Bo reminds her.

Vizma nods slightly, though Bo can practically see the fear radiating off her. Korkie can't help them fight anymore, and if he loses control completely and crashes, he could easily be killed. With the laser fire raining down on that area of the planet, he might be anyway.

Finally, they approach the cruiser. Bo and Vizma pull out explosives, throwing them onto the first of the laser canons, flying out of the way as they explode. The ship shakes only slightly from the force of it – it's going to take far more to actually destroy it. They need to move fast.

From way up here, she can see many of the other ships shooting down at the surface, too, but the others are already attacking them. And more Mandalorians are coming to join.

It was like Marr said – when the others see them fighting, they'll come. Especially when it's their very own planet that's threatened like this.

Stormtroopers start flying out, drawing blasters, and Bo spins around, shooting at them. The first few go down with ease, and she dives at the next few, firing non-stop, and taking a flame-thrower to a couple of them.

They're better trained than she thought, though. They're trained to deal with Mandalorians, at least the two she's fighting right now are. She kicks one of them back, dodging as another shoots at her. Spinning, she pulls a vibroblade out of her armor, stabbing it into one of their chests, right as two more fly up behind her. A blaster shot strikes her armor again, burning into her arm in an area not covered by the armor, but she's long accustomed to moving past it.