Chapter 29 - An Unexpected Discovery

It looks beyond stupid to go to a literal banquet with a huge fur hood on his head, but he can't exactly take it off either. Or everyone will know he's a Jedi and he'll be running for his life. What fun. Not.

Ugh. Why did Lux have to take a seat next to Vizsla – not that he had much choice in the matter, but still. Because now Theseus is stuck on Lux's other side and only one seat away from the lead Mandalorian terrorist who he's certain knows his identity.

Relief floods through him as Ahsoka walks into the tent, looking unharmed, even though he can feel her anger simmering in the Force. Although, he's definitely not impressed that they decided she has to serve them all food, along with a bunch of other women. Not that there's anything he can do about it right now.

"Hungry?" Ahsoka asks as she approaches them, holding out a platter, which he and Lux both take a glass off it. "Careful not to choke on your stupidity," she adds in a low voice before turning away.

"I see your woman has fit in well. Now, how will you fit in?" Vizsla asks, leaning closer to Lux.

"All I want is Dooku dead," Lux replies.

Should he say something? Will it be odd if he doesn't? Or will it be even more suspicious and obvious if he does? And even if he did, what would he say anyway?

"Vizsla!" a voice calls from the doorway. All heads snap towards the tent entrance, and Theseus breathes a sigh of relief for the interruption.

A man strides into the tent, two people who appear to be bodyguards on either side.

"Chieftain Pieter," the Death Watch leader replies, a vaguely threatening note in his voice as he stands, "I don't remember summoning you."

"You have taken our women, stolen our food, and threatened us for too long," the man says harshly.

"Brave for you to come here with such bold words."

"You are no longer welcome here!"

"Well, if our presence here isn't welcome, we'll make ready to leave." Vizsla exchanges glances with several other people in the room who seem quite smug and amused. No, that's not what he intends to do at all, Theseus can tell that much. In fact, he can only guess what they are intending to do, and...

"You'll return your people to us?" asks Pieter hopefully.

"Yes, sunrise tomorrow. You have my word."

"Very well. We'll be waiting." Pieter and his guards turn, disappearing back out of the tent.

"You see?" whispers Lux, moving to stand next to Ahsoka, "They're not the butchers you make them out to be." One look at the horrified expression on Ahsoka's face shows that she's thinking the exact same thing as Theseus.

With the interruption over, the meal finishes up quickly, after which Lux and Theseus are escorted to a tent. He'd much rather be with Ahsoka right now, but he knows that's not really an option.

"Still think this is a terrible plan?" Lux inquires quietly, sounding almost hopeful again.

"Honestly? I'm disliking it more and more by the minute," he mumbles, glancing uneasily around the tent. It's not even safe to be talking about this right now, even quietly. He doesn't know the positions of the guards around here, but he can guarantee there's some very close by.

Lux sighs. "I think you're over worrying about it. They literally agreed to leave because those people said they aren't welcome here anymore."

"Firstly, I doubt that's actually what they're planning to do," Theseus objects. In fact, he knows it isn't, "And secondly, I think we should save this conversation for later." He doesn't want to risk anyone overhearing.