Chapter 27 - Attack on Kadavo

All Theseus knows for sure is that he's not ready to see this royal slave auction Anakin has been invited to attend by Queen Miraj. Then again, he also wasn't ready to see Anakin flirting with her and seeing the way she falls for it is equally disgusting. Seriously, he sees Obi-Wan do it enough, and seeing Anakin go this crazy is making him majorly start questioning the sanity of this galaxy.

Not to mention he also definitely wasn't ready to see that Twi'lek slave commit suicide after a failed assassination attempt on the queen, and he gets the feeling that whatever he sees at the auction might be a lot worse, if such a thing is even possible. He can't wait until this mission is over. He's itching for his lightsaber, and to get this stupid collar off that he got stuck wearing since all slaves do, so he can start actually freeing the colonists. He wants to move, not keep waiting here, thinking of the best non-Dark Side methods of killing every single slaver here.

It's plain sick how many thousands of people have showed up for the auction. There are crowds everywhere. "Your Highness, Zygerrians, and guests from a thousand worlds," the auctioneer calls where he stands in the central plaza, "Our auction begins, with slaves of unmatched quality and impossible quantity. I give you Togruta from the Kiros System!"

The door at the far end of plaza opens, and the Togruta Governor is shoved out. He's stumbling, barely able to walk as he's lead to the center stage, accompanied by several guards.

"This handsome sample represents a lot of numbering no less than 50,000 beings. Note the compliance. Virtually untrained in combat. There will be no rebellion from these slaves."

"So where do you keep 50,000 slaves like the people of Kiros?" Anakin asks casually, turning to the Queen.

The door behind them suddenly slides open, and a guard enters, rudely shoving Theseus out of the way as he approaches Miraj, whispering something to her that he doesn't catch. But suddenly he has a bad feeling about this. Did something go wrong? Miraj's expression doesn't really change, so it's hard to tell, but he can't shake the feeling that something did.

He casually circles around behind the queen, moving to stand near Anakin. If things are going to go downhill, he'd rather be nearby. "All will be revealed in time," Miraj answers Anakin's original question once the guard disappears back through the door. She stands up, approaching the railing of the balcony they're standing on. "Before we begin the auction, I would welcome a most special guest. Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Knight."

What?! Theseus doesn't manage to suppress his jerk of surprise, or the shock that definitely flits across his face. Anakin looks equally stunned, though he hides it faster.

The crowd starts chanting, yelling out insults at the Jedi. "My friends, my good friends, do not fear the Jedi. They are no different than others we have forced into submission, for they have forsaken their ideals to serve a corrupt Senate. Every Jedi has become a slave to the Republic. The Jedi Order is weak, and we will help break it." Theseus hates to admit it, but she does have some points. The Council does, in fact, blindly serve the corrupted Senate now.

Miraj picks up a too familiar object, handing it to Anakin. "Teach the Jedi his place," she requests, though Theseus can sense the underlying warning in her voice. She wants to know if they're spies too, or if they're actually who they claim to be.

Anakin gives her the fakest smirk ever – he's honestly surprised she doesn't seem to notice – before taking it and disappearing out the door behind her. Artoo beeps, rolling up to the edge of the railing. This wasn't supposed to happen, but it's a good thing the droid is here with their lightsabers, because Theseus knows they're going to need them momentarily.

"Prove to me you are a slaver!" Miraj calls as Anakin walks up behind Obi-Wan, who's on his knees on the ground in between the guards. "Swing that whip or die beside him."