Ω 20 Ω

"AHHH!" donghyuck panicked as he saw the harpies approaching them dangerously.

this reminded him of the attack that had taken place at the half-blood camp a day before.

he recalled being completely lost, and not knowing what he could do, because he didn't know how to fight one bit.

"attack!" jaemin yelled, as he pointed his sword to the sky and plunged towards the harpies to kill them.

around him, the other boys were doing the same, each of them fighting with their assigned weapon.

the noise around donghyuck was deafening. it was a mix of cries and iron colliding, making donghyuck feel like he was in the middle of a war – which he was.

he felt sick and scared, not knowing what to do.

he didn't have a spear like renjun, a sword like jaemin, a trident like jisung, daggers like chenle, a whip like jeno, nor a scythe like mark. he had nothing but his little hands that didn't know how to fight.

"donghyuck!!" chenle yelled, catching the boy's attention.

as soon as donghyuck lifted his head to look at chenle, he squatted down, landing on the dirty ground, because chenle had thrown a dagger in his direction.

it's only after hearing a scream of pain behind him that donghyuck turned around, only to find one of the harpies on the floor, with chenle's dagger between her eyes.

"come here!" chenle added, signalling donghyuck to approach him.

donghyuck didn't waste a second to approach chenle, looking around him worriedly.

"renjun is going to bring you somewhere safe." chenle told, pointing at athena's son who had pierced a harpy's body with his spear.

donghyuck watched in disgust as the monster's body was thrown away, its body fluids dripping out.

"let's go, donghyuck!" renjun approached them, holding his hand out.

donghyuck voluntarily grabbed renjun's hand and followed him towards the nearest shop.

"we need a distraction!" renjun yelled.

"we're on it!" jaemin replied, using his bare fists to punch a harpy hard, making it stumble backwards. "mark!"

hearing his name, mark hit the ground with his scythe, making the eart tremble under their feet.

the ground cracked, allowing a dark smoke to get out of the depths of the earth, and making it impossible for anyone to see for a few seconds.

renjun and donghyuck used this opportunity to enter the nearest shop and lock themselves in before hiding in there, still being able to see the battle field thanks to the huge glass walls of the shop.

"are you sure they won't find us here?" donghyuck asked worriedly.

"i'm never sure of anything." renjun replied, looking carefully at the battle field and his friends.

"why are they attacking us?" donghyuck spoke again.

"because they want you." renjun replied casually, not sparing donghyuck a glance.