Ω 40 Ω

"when do you think mark will be coming back?" donghyuck asked with a pout as they were in the middle of visiting the musée d'orsay.

"how could i know?" jeno raised a brow.

"because you are friends." donghyuck replied simply.

"and? he's your boyfriend." jeno tackled back, making donghyuck flush.

"he isn't yet." he told, hitting jeno's shoulder. "but i miss him now..."

"he'll eventually come back, don't worry." jeno stated, walking to another room of the museum – he wasn't that fan of art in general. "i missed being with you, and only you, just like the two best friends that we are."

"yeah, you're too busy with your two boyfriends now to care about your best friend." donghyuck said with a small laugh.

"this is completely false!" jeno protested. "it's not my fault if mark is always glued to you."

"come on, let's not argue about that, and let's enjoy our best friend time."

"sure."

donghyuck and jeno continued walking around the different rooms and studying the paintings and sculptures around them. well, donghyuck was, because jeno – and the four other boys – were simply glancing at the paintings inside the room and leaving to see another room.

but, donghyuck, as the son of apollo, god of arts, knew better than simply looking at a painitng. it was as if he revived every single brushstroke the artist had done on the canvas. it was as if donghyuck was submerged by the feelings coming out of the painting, the feelings the artist wanted to convey throughout their art.

"i can't understand how you can spend so long in front of a painting..." chenle sighed, seated on a bench with jeno, jaemin, renjun and jisung who were waiting for donghyuck to admire every single opus of the museum.

"a painting isn't only something that you look at." donghyuck explained. "it's something that you have to dive in to understand the hows and the whys. the artist decided to do it that way, so every stroke has a powerful meaning that you need to study. let's take an example. this painting."

donghyuck pointed at a painting inside the room, walking in front of it to study it carefully.

it was an average sized painting, representing three men scraping the floor of an apartment. the colours of the painting were quite dark, the only source of light of the painting being the window in the background.

"this painting is called les raboteurs de parquet, or the floor scrapers. it was painted in 1875 by the french painter gustave caillebotte. it is one of the first paintings representing city workers, because all the paintings of that time represented farmers or field workers. the painting has very photographic proportions. you can see the very precise fleeting lines with the scrapes on the floor, and it seems that the framing is quite unbalanced. their work is obviously very hard and tiring, which is why they are bare-chested and that their muscles are flexed. this is also the reason why there is a bottle of wine in the bottom right-hand corner, for their thirst. this painting obviously conveys pain. you can see in their hard work that they are in pain because of the harshness of the task they have to do, although they make it look like they can deal with it. this pain is comparable to the artist's pain. artists are often people who make art of what they can't tell, to put something on the unspoken words that are held inside their hearts. being an artist is very painful, because you're in constant suffering. they're not always happy with their realisation, and sometimes, they get completely rejected by the viewers who can't seem to understand what the artist goes through. this is what the painter is showing there. painters, just like the floor scrapers have a very difficult job to do, and even if they seem to be okay with it, it takes all of their energy, and pains them on the inside."