Ω 26 Ω

"thank you so much, jane." jeno bowed, soon followed by all his friends.

"it was a pleasure to meet you boys." mark's mother replied with a warm smile. "i hope we'll see each other again soon."

"let's hope we do." mark replied, smiling to his mother.

jane had brought the seven boys to the airport.

they had decided it was best for her safety if they left vancouver.

the boys argued a lot on where they would be going next.

mark had claimed that paris was the best option, but renjun assured him that they needed to stay in america for the moment.

there was a vote, and jeno was quick to part for renjun, making jaemin raise his hand too. jisung and chenle both trusted renjun's mind more than anything – he was athena's son after all – and they sided with him too.

donghyuck had been silent during the whole vote.

"i'll let you book the plane for the seven of us?" mark raised a brow. "i want to have a quick word with my mother."

the boys nodded, saluting mark's mother one last time before walking towards the wooden door on top of which ancient greek letters wrote the words 'olympus airlines'.

mark approached his mother as soon as the six other boys had disappeared behind the door, and he took her in a bear hug.

"mom..." mark mumbled.

"yes, mark?" she asked, wrapping her arms around her son.

"you are right..." mark sighed, pulling out form the hug. "i did fall for donghyuck, and more than his appearance."

"i'm happy you admitted it to yourself." jane replied with a bright smile. however, this smile disappeared quickly when she saw the pained look on her son's face. "why are you frowning?"

"it's nothing..." mark replied quickly.

"are you sure?" she raised a brow. "don't be scared to tell me."

"do i look like dad?" mark asked, ignoring his mother's reply.

jane smiled, her hand lifting up to trace the outline of mark's face that was very similar to his father's.

mark's existence constantly reminded her of this one time she had fallen in love for a man. a man that had lots of other conquests, and that didn't even care about her. a man that ended up taking care of her when he knew she was carrying their kid. a man that was constantly on her mind.