Ω 25 Ω

mark couldn't believe his eyes.

after all those years, he was finally back in canada.

and after all those years, he was finally facing his mother.

"mom..." mark let out, his hands shaking.

"mark?" the woman asked, her bag of groceries falling on the floor as she ran towards her son.

she didn't waste a second to engulf him in a hug, tears falling from her cheeks as he held mark tightly. mark was in a similar state, salty drops falling from his eyes as he held onto his mother.

"i missed you so much, mark..." she mumbled against her son's neck.

mark's mother let go mark, and looked at him from head to toe.

"you've grown so well..." she chuckled, wiping her tears. "you look so much like your father..."

mark smiled sincerely at his mother.

"what are you doing in vancouver?" she asked after a while.

"oh, yeah." mark stepped aside, revealing the six boys he was with. "mom, these are my... huh... friends."

"hello, boys." she waved at them.

"chenle, jisung, jaemin, jeno, renjun..." he said, pointing at each boy successively. "and... this is donghyuck." he finished.

"nice to meet you all." she smiled. "i'm jane, mark's mother."

the six boys smiled weakly.

"this doesn't tell me why you're here. and why you've been trying to steal my car." she added.

mark rubbed his nape.

"to make it short, we're on a run because donghyuck is in danger. we left the half-blood camp because it was attacked, and we were attacked in tokyo, and then in las vegas, and so we drove there because i wanted to go back to vancouver. and we were searching for a car and a hotel to pass the night before leaving again." mark explained.

"you drove all the way from las vegas to here?!" she repeated.