Ω 39 Ω

"m-mom..." jisung choked as he took a step closer to the cage his mother was being locked in.

"jisung, it's okay. i'm alright." the woman reassured her son who was looking paler every second.

"for now..."

jisung turned his head immediately towards mark who had just spoken.

"what games are you playing, mark?" jisung spat.

"i'm not playing. just doing what is the best for me." mark replied with a shrug.

"i was starting to think you weren't like your traitor of a father." jisung continued, anger rising inside his guts.

"well, descendants of hades are like hades..." mark chuckled. "now, i asked you something."

"i won't get that key for you." jisung said, determined.

"oh, really?"

jisung was about to snap at mark, but he was interrupted by his mother emitting a strangled groan.

poseidon's son turned around, horrified to see his mother with her mouth hanging open and her hands wrapped around her own neck, as if no air was reaching her lungs.

"mom!" jisung exclaimed, running towards the cage before turning to look at mark. he had one of his fists tightening, and it didn't need much time for jisung to understand that mark was trying to kill his mother. "mark, stop!"

"go and take the key." mark growled, his dark aura suffocating them.

"okay, okay! i'll go!" jisung exclaimed, looking at his mother painfully.

hearing those words, mark's hand relaxed, and jisung's mother could start breathing again.

"now, go take the key." mark said.

jisung sighed, turning around to face the river.

"jisung... don't..." his mother pleaded between pants.

"get in the water and take it." mark repeated louder.

"ji..."

"shut the fuck up!" mark yelled, making the earth tremble.

"it's okay, i'm going!" jisung told, making mark smile.

"great. now, one last thing before you dive in." mark coughed.

the boy snapped his fingers, making the cage holding jisung's mother fly above the seine, as if mark was about to place it inside the water.

jisung's mother gasped when she realised that she was flying above the water.

she didn't know how to swim, and even if she knew, she wouldn't be able to survive if mark submerged the cage underwater.

"to make sure you wouldn't be tempted to tell the others about this, i'll make sure the cage is fully submerged in 10 seconds. this should be enough for the very capable son of poseidon to find a small object, wouldn't it?" mark tilted his head to the side.

"i hate you, asshole." jisung muttered under his breath, giving a glance to his mother.

"time starts now." mark told, snapping his fingers and making the cage next to him slowly go down towards the water.

jisung didn't waste a second to dive into the seine as his mother started panicking even more than she already was.

she had mixed feelings about the seine. it was a river she feared, but at the same time, it held so much importance to her.