Ω 42 Ω

"TELL US!"

donghyuck flinched as his body was thrown to the floor, making him dizzy.

the descendants of the titans had been torturing donghyuck day and night for long hours.

donghyuck didn't even remember how he got there, locked inside the catacombs, surrounded by demi titans as he was beaten mercilessly.

they kept asking for the same question over and over again.

what makes you so special?

and donghyuck had never answered this question, which was the reason he kept getting beaten.

the truth is, he didn't know the answer to that question. but the titans didn't seem to believe him at all.

"SPEAK!" one of the boys yelled, punching donghyuck straight in the jaw, making him fall back on the ground as he coughed blood.

he was pretty sure he was completely disfigured now, and his body had to be littered with cuts and bruises.

"stop! you're hurting him!"

despite his lack of strength, donghyuck lifted his head from the ground, looking at mark's blurry figure.

donghyuck felt the urge to cry again. he couldn't believe mark had done all of this. he didn't want to believe it.

he loved mark so much, and he thought mark loved him too.

in fact, he was a fool.

all the others had warned him about hades' descendants. he should have listened to them.

"you have no word to say mark." a girl declared.

"i agreed to bring him to you if you didn't hurt him." mark spoke, his voice resonating in donghyuck's dizzy head.

"that was not what we agreed for at the very beginning..." another demi titan replied.

"i didn't care for him at the very beginning." mark said.

"well... the simple fact you brought him here shows that you don't care for him."

at that point, donghyuck wished he could faint.

he didn't want to hear this conversation.

he didn't want to hear mark explaining his motivations to betray them.

he didn't want to hear about mark's feelings.

he didn't want to hear what the titans planned to do with him.

but sadly, he was still conscious.

he could hear everything that was being said clearly.

and it was hurting him even more than his physical wounds.

"wait..." hyojin spoke, walking away from donghyuck to head towards mark. "maybe you could help us..."

mark gulped, looking at the demi titan. "how?"

"do you know what makes him special?" hyojin asked.

"w-what?" mark raised a brow.

"if you proposed to send donghyuck to us, this means that you knew he had something particular in him. what is that thing?"

mark's eyes wandered towards donghyuck's bloody figure lying on the floor.

he regretted everything about it.