Chapter (18): The Yushi Festival - Part one

In the Puqi shrine, the day after Jiang Fengmian had left,

Wei Ying, "Baba, Baba! A-die too! I have something to tell you!"

Xie Lian, "What is it, baby?"

Xie Lian was trying to cook. Hua Cheng was nearby, peeling some potatoes. It was still early in the morning but Wei Ying was already as hyped up as ever.

Wei Ying, "I killed a boar the other day!"

Hearing this, Xie Lian accidently added more dry leaves into the cooking pot. Hua Cheng also stopped peeling the potatoes. Xie Lian immediately crouched down to Wei Ying's eye level.

Xie Lian, "What?! Baby, are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?"

Hua Cheng, "How did you kill it?"

Wei Ying, "I first shot it in the eye. Then I jumped over it and using another arrow, I stabbed it in its neck!"

Wei Ying looked very proud describing it, but Xie Lian looked like his heart would jump out of his chest every time he imagined it.

Hua Cheng was a bit skeptical, "How did you even encounter a boar?"

Wei Ying was frozen for a moment there. Because he wanted to brag so much, he forgot that he sneaked out during training.

Wei Ying, "Heheh...that's...when I went into the woods to hunt pheasants..."

Xie Lian, "Didn't Nan Feng or Fu Yao go with you? What about the black-robed Waning Moon Officer? Did you go alone into the woods?"

Wei Ying, "I'm sorry... I sneaked out during training."

In Xie Lian's thoughts, Two Martial Gods and a high-ranked Officer from the Ghost City were watching him, but he still managed to sneak out? Xie Lian didn't know whether to praise or scold his son.

Hua Cheng, "You killed a wild boar on your own, huh? That's cool."

Xie Lian, "San Lang, please don't encourage A-Ying to do dangerous things."

Hua Cheng, "Of course, he won't go into the woods alone again."

Wei Ying watched his A-die, Hua Cheng, who complied with everything his Baba said. I wish I will have someone like A-die too...

Xie Lian, "A-Ying, what were your Nan-shushu and Fu-shushu doing when you sneaked out?"

Wei Ying, "They...they were fighting..."

Hua Cheng, "The Moon Officer?"

Wei Ying, "He was stopping them."

Xie Lian, "..."

Wei Ying smiled awkwardly, "HehHeh..."

Xie Lian, "A-Ying, even if you sneak out, don't go into the back forest without an adult who can protect you, alright? What if you met a tiger instead of a boar?"

Wei Ying was well aware that his Baba would never keep his eyes off him again. So he could only stand there sheepishly. However, a big grin was soon plastered on his face. Seeing the bright smile, Xie Lian couldn't stay mad at Wei Ying. Still, he was extremely worried despite hearing about something that had already happened.

That noon, Nan Feng, Fu Yao and Yin Yu were invited to have lunch at Puqi shrine.

Xie Lian, "Try it. It's called Midnight's Tristar. It's a new recipe."

Nan Feng, Fu Yao and Yin Yu were sitting at the table like sinners being charged. The kids were fed earlier and they were already playing outside. So it was only those three and Xie Lian and Hua Cheng at the table. The Midnight's Tristar which was Xie Lian's new recipe; It was cooked using rice, corn and barley which were all white or yellow but the dish in front of them was black.