56. ♡ Lucky ♡

"You are lucky to have him"

•°*"˜˜"*°•♥●•٠٠•●♥°*"˜˜"*°•

The next early morning hospital wing was quiet. Ron's was the only occupied bed.

Ginny and Hermione were sitting on the chairs near his bed and Dani and Harry were standing next to them.

Hermione gave an almost inaudible sniff. She had been quiet all the time. Also, she was the first one to burst into the Hospital wing after Daniella and Harry told her about everything.

The door opened and  Professor McGonagall, Dumbledore, Snape and Slughorn entered.

"Very quick thinking on your part, Harry, using a bezoar", said Dumbledore, taking a look at Ron.

"Daniella actually told me to do so", Harry mumbled.

"Oh, yeah", Dumbledore nodded and looked appreciatively at Dani, "Very quick thinking of you two then...You must be very proud of your students, Horace"

"Hm?", said Slughorn wearily, "Oh yes...very proud"

"I think we agree, Weasley and Potter's actions were heroic", said Professor McGonagall. "The question is, why were they necessary?"

"Why indeed?" said Dumbledore, walking over to Slughorn and gazing at the bottle in his hand. "This appears to be a gift, Horace. You don't remember who gave you this bottle?"

He opened the bottle and sniffed the contents. "Which, by the way, possesses remarkably subtle hints of licorice and cherry when not polluted with poison."

"Actually, I had intended to give it as a gift myself," said Slughorn.

"To whom, I might ask?"

"To you, Headmaster."

Silence fell as the Professors shared nervous glances. It was broken, however, by a shrill voice near the door.

"Where is he?"

Lavender squeezed through the Professors and stopped near Ron's bed, looking tearful.

"Where's my Won-Won?" She asked. "Has been asking for me?"

Her eyes swept over Ron's visitors and landed on Hermione, and her face twisted in anger.

"What's she doing here?"

"I might ask you the same question!" said Hermione, standing up and facing Lavender.

"I happen to be his girlfriend!"

"I happen to be his...friend."

Harry, Dani and Ginny shared awkward looks.

"Don't make me laugh," said Lavender spitefully. "You haven't spoken in weeks! I suppose you want to make up now that he's all interesting..."