61. ♡ Afraid to kiss ♡

"You're still afraid to kiss me?"

•°*"˜˜"*°•♥●•٠٠•●♥°*"˜˜"*°•

"But how did they find us?", Hermione asked, as four of them walked down the muggle street, "How did they know where we were?"

She turned to Harry.

"You don't think you've still got your Trace on you, do you, Harry?"

"He can't have," said Ron. "The Trace breaks at seventeen, that's Wizarding law, you can't put it on an adult."

"As far as you know," said Hermione. "What if the Death Eaters have found a way to put it on a seventeen-year-old?"

"But Harry hasn't been near a Death Eater in the last twenty-four hours. Who's supposed to have put a Trace back on him?"

"If I can't use magic, and you can't use magic near me, without us giving away our position-" Harry began.

"We're not splitting up!", Daniella cut him off firmly.

"But you'll be with me anyway", he argued with her.

"We're not splitting up", Hermione repeated staring daggers at Harry.

"We need a safe place to hide", Ron pipped in.

"Grimmauld Place," said Harry.

Hermione and Ron gaped.

"Don't be silly, Harry, Snape can get in there!"

"It's okay", Daniella said calmly, "We can stay there, trust me"

Hermione took a deep breath. "Okay"

They stood in the dark corner and then, Harry, Daniella, Ron, and Hermione had turned on the spot and vanished into the compressing darkness once more.

Seconds later Dani felt her lungs expand gratefully and she opened her eyes.

They were now standing in the middle of a familiar small and shabby square. House number twelve was visible to them.

They raced up the stone steps, and Harry tapped the front door once with his wand. They heard a series of metallic clicks and the clatter of a chain, then the door swung open with a creak and they hurried over the threshold.

As Harry closed the door behind them, the old-fashioned gas lamps sprang into life, casting flickering light along the length of the hallway.

"So where are these jinxes they put up against Snape?" Harry asked.

"Maybe they're only activated if he shows up?" suggested Ron.

Yet they remained close together on the doormat, backs against the door, scared to move farther into the house.