I

☆ All events, characters, names, and titles are not related to real life and is entirely coincidential. Please remember this is fiction.

CHAPTER ONE: LAW AND ORDER

"Good Morning rookie!" A voice echoes at 8 in the morning and I jump a bit at the sound. It was 8 in the morning, and I'm not a morning person, because I end up waking up at noon if I don't have work today.

But yes, today is the first day of my job at the law firm. I recently got the job as a new rookie attorney fresh straight out of university. Of course, we all know that being a newbie in their dream job may be hard, but I do hope I can adjust soon.

"I'm Kang Yuuri, and I'm a senior attorney and the one who found this firm! Let's be in good terms, new dongsaeng!" A pretty and tall woman in her early 30s said, wearing glossy white heels and a dress shirt with a skirt, she had her light brown hair tied into a messy bun and she wore blue contact lens.

Kang Yuuri is one of the excellent attorneys in Seoul. Only the famous people like the idols and actors get to meet her and apply as their defense attorney. She specializes in lots of areas such as scandals and other common issues in the entertainment industry.

"I'm Bae Soujin, it's a pleasure to meet you! I only got to meet senior attorney Choi yesterday during the interview, I was anticipating to meet you!" I replied as I walked beside her.

"Ah, you must have met the other senior attorney, Choi Yeonjun? I don't usually do interviews, but he's my right hand man, if you have any problems, feel free to always ask us!" Ms. Yuuri replied cheerfully and I smiled back as she showed me around.

"Oh and by the way, I heard your brother Hyunjin opened his own hospital, I'm so proud of him! He was an upperclassman of mine back in high school, how is he?" Ms. Yuuri asked.

"Oh! Hyunjin also mentioned you some time ago, but he's doing great! He's also looking for a firm to help him process his documents for the hospital!" I replied.

"That would be great! I'll make sure to contact hi- oh, Yeonjun, you're early," Ms. Yuuri smiled as she looked at the figure standing at the distance.

"Yuuri noona, good morning," a calming voice replied, and the man in glasses slowly approaches me as he bows as a greeting.

"Soujin, this is Yeonjun. You guys met, right? He interviewed you yesterday," Ms. Yuuri beams and I nodded as I bowed back.

"Of course I remember him! I still haven't thanked him properly for giving me a chance," I smiled, and Yeonjun smiled back.

"No need to thank me, your interview answers, and the way your aura fills the interview room, I could say you are qualified to be a great attorney," Yeonjun smiled,

"Thank you so much Mr. Choi, I'll make sure to work hard!" I replied.

"Alright! Since we're done with formalities, Yeonjun can you escort Soujin to her office? I have to go for a case today, take care of her for me," Ms. Yuuri smiled cheekily as she handed me over to Yeonjun.

As Yuuri started to walk away, Yeonjun helped me know the way around the law firm. It was a 5-story building and it was really clean, formal, and bright in the inside. Yeonjun then opened a door and it showed a small office room with a computer, a desk, an office chair, and a small chair.

"This is your office. Each attorney has their own small office to provide convenience to them. This is a spacious building afterall, we should make use of it," Yeonjun beamed and I bowed again as a thank you for him.

"Thank you, Mr. Yeonjun!" I said as I walked inside.

"Uh... Ms. Bae?" He called out, his calming voice resonating in my ears and I instantly turned back to look at him as he adjusted his glasses.

"You know, I just recieved a new case today. I was wondering if you'd like to come with me considering that this job requires two people. I would like to partner with someone with more experience, but I would like to see how you would do in your first case," Yeonjun said, and I looked at him for a good few seconds.

I mean, a first case in your very first day? And on top of that, a pretty hard one considering that it needed another person to help. It would be a great challenge indeed... but what if I'm not up to that challenge? Or.. if I'm not capable enough?

"I would Mr. Choi, but... I'm still pretty new, and I've had no experience yet I haven't gotten my first client yet," I replied, and Yeonjun nods.

"You have a point, if I would I could pick someone like Yuuri noona as easy as that. But it also wouldn't hurt to bring a rookie and teach them and also give experience along the way before getting independent," Yeonjun replied, and I nodded as I looked at him.

"Well then, of course I'll help you out Mr. Choi. How could I refuse a request from my senior?" I smiled, and Yeonjun smiles back.

"Good, I'll give you time to prepare and we'll go at noon. I'll give you the details later," Yeonjun said and I agreed as he slowly shut the door, leaving me in privacy.

1:30 P.M.

"We were actually called by someone who wanted us to become clients of someone they know. This case is still open after a year because the person who is going to be courted still has no scheduled court. But, his day is coming next month, so we have to act fast in defending our client," Yeonjun talks as he turns his car, and he stops the brake infront of a police station.

"I already arranged to meet first with the person was called us to represent as attorneys, so let's go," Yeonjun says as he steps out of the car, and I nod as I follow him.

My heels click against the cement as I follow him, and he opens the door of the police station as he walks down the busy hallway.

We both stop as we came across a figure seated beside another officer, and the figure looks up at both of us. They smile as they slowly stand up, eyeing us from head to toe.

"Ah, you must be the attorneys I called for, it's good you did receive my request earlier than expected," he said.

"I am Song Jaepil, and I'm the CEO of Kyonghwan, a company located in Gangnam," the tall guy said as he bowed.

"Greetings, it's a pleasure to have you Mr. Song," Yeonjun smiled and Jaepil crosses his arms.

"I won't beat around the bush because court day is near, you need to prepare for that, so I'll get to the point," he says as he adjusts his tie and suit.

"Have you heard of Jeon Jungkook?"

-----
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

PLS VOTE

hi im back from the ded haha i just want you to know im good and fine and i rewrote this chapter hehe

Thank you for waiting almost a year im so sorry ^_^

PS. This is totally different from the old draft lol