LXX

SIXTY: THE TRUTH HURTS

SOUJIN POV

"Come quick!" Jungkook said as he dragged me and Yeonjun away, and I made sure I grabbed the papers I already had in my hands before slowly sneaking at the side.

Yeonjun made his way under the table as Jungkook pulled me into a nearby locker.

With him also inside.

The other boys were also hidden in the lockers, which I know because I can hear a few shuffles from the other locker beside us.

"Taehyung, did you fucking fart?"

"No I did not! You and your assumptions hurt me sometimes, Hoseok!"

"That's just his hair. He didn't wash again."

Then, our eyes widened and Jungkook pulled me closer towards him as he made sure I was in comfortable stance with him.

Creeeakkkk

The footsteps slowly tapped against the tile floors. Walking along as it felt like they were right towards us.

Tap tap tap

I felt Jungkook's pulse run faster, he was gripping tightly onto my waist as he swallowed the lump forming on his adam's apple, in which I was observing silently.

There were times I did forget Jungkook wasn't just a friend who was helping me along, or a client. He's also a charming man.

A well-sculpted jawline, beads of sweat forming on his forehead as it made his black hair shiny and wet, and his adam's apple that was bobbing nervously against his throat as he swallowed the lumps forming. It strangely made me forget about this for a while, because it calmed me down a bit.

But do friends.... even initiate kisses?

If they don't, then what do we even call ourselves at this point?

Then, the door slowly creaked again. And Jungkook released an exhale of relief as he stared at me, his eyes catching mine.

"Soujin, the coast is clear... why are you... have you been... staring at me for a while now?" Jungkook stammered as his ears turned red, and his cheeks turned redder as he diverted his gaze to the side.

"I-I wasn't staring! I was simply... admiring... no!" I replied as I tried to imply the statement of admiring the view, but it turns out it was a little improper for speaking like that while staring at him, my cheeks turned red as I tried to get out of the locker first.

"I-I... uh..," Jungkook said as it felt like he twisted his tongue or something.

"Soujin, are you fine? Did you get hurt or anything?" Yeonjun asked, as he approached me, and I nodded as I slowly looked at the door.

"Did anyone see who came in here?" I whispered, and Jimin looked at the door silently.

"No, but it felt very intimidating, it felt like I couldn't bring myself to fight the person," Jimin said, and Taehyung nodded.

"It was more like we sensed the aura, but not the person. But even if they're dangerous or not, doesn't mean we're gonna fight them, it's better to be cautious," Taehyung said and I looked down at the bin before sighing.

"It seems like the person who came here knew of the papers, and kind of rummaged through them before throwing them back. But it's a relief they didn't know about us being here," I said before taking another crumpled paper.

"Dr. Lee, I've been told you knew about the affair and confronted your sister about it. Yet you offered to help her hide the pregnancy by staging a miscarriage, now where do you plan to take that baby?"