L

FIFTY: NOT A MAN

YUURI POV

"I am Attorney Byun Baekhyun representing SAN company in this case," Byun Baekhyun said and Yuuri stood as she looked at him.

"I am Kang Yuuri, the attorney representing the defendant of the case, Mr. Kim Yeon," I replied.

"Recently, it has been recorded that the death of Mr. Kim was inside the SAN building. But the company refuses to compensate the worker as it was an accidental death of cardiac arrest which was announced and released to the public," Baekhyun said.

"Objection! Mr. Kim did not die of cardiac arrest, rather he was killed in the SAN building. The victim did have a history of heart disease in his medical record, but it is not justified or proven that his death is caused by that," I replied as I lifted my glasses up my nosebridge.

"Objection! What makes you say that Mr. Kim was murdered? Do you have solid evidence to prove that his heart disease was not a reason that he died?" Baekhyun asked.

"It was proven in the hospital records in Seoul Medical Hospital that he was precripted with medicine for his disease. At 7:00 P.M. nighttime after supper, Mr. Kim took the tablets and died at 7:15 P.M. So it can be concluded that someone has switched out Mr. Kim's tablets and has given him a drug toxic to his body," I replied.

"And how do you prove your resolve that someone in SAN truly did the deed? Your honor, may I have the permission to call on our witness for today's trial?" Baekhyun asked and the judge nodded.

"May we call on the witness in the scene, the cafeteria clerk, Ms. Song Jia?" The judge asked and the witness stepped up to speak.

"It was in 7:00 P.M. that Mr. Kim took his medicine after dinner. I was certain that he clutched his heart and started coughing. Mr. Kim has always said that he had heart problems, and I was the one who called an ambulance on him," The witness said.

"Objection! How are you officially certain that it was because of his heart disease? According to the report, Mr. Kim's medicine is a fast-acting, and a very effective and first-class medicine that soothes his heart. Would he not have died at that point, right after taking his medicine?" I asked.

"Objection! Mr. Kim's finances are said to be rough especially as his family cannot afford to have a stable life. What makes you say that Mr. Kim can afford such first-class medicine? Unless he bought a cheaper one which led to his death?" Baekhyun asked.

"This is the container that has Mr. Kim's medicine in it. It has been diagnosed that the pills are nothing like the pills he had purchased. Rather, they were pills filled with potassium cyanide. The pills contained inside the container are blue pills and are nothing like the white pills Mr. Kim takes. And it is found out that the potassium cyanide powder matches that exact same ingredient mixture with SAN Pharmaceutical's pills," I said.

"We also conducted a scan and found Mr. Kim's daily logbook found in his locker in SAN. It appears that Mr. Kim worked in SAN lab and was under one of your workers, Kim Namjoon," I said.

"Kim Namjoon has always been assisting SAN Lab despite being an underaged man that is not fitting to be in a lab full of chemicals. It has been written in Mr. Kim's log that he had angered Mr. Kim Namjoon because of a certain information he found out which was not supposed to be disclosed, and it was recorded on the same day he died," I said.

"Objection! Mr. Kim Namjoon has not interacted with Mr. Kim at all in that day. And you say he angered him? Do you have sufficient evidence?" Baekhyun asked.

"Objection! Surveillance camera footage from 6:50 P.M. was seen that Mr. Namjoon was walking past Mr. Kim's locker that night. It was also closely seen that he was holding a white container in his left hand, and at 6:55 P.M. he was seen entering the cafeteria right before Mr. Kim," Yuuri said.