XV

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: ON THE GO

"I can confirm this isn't our nurse," Hyunjin said as he stared at the corpse that the two other nurses carried.

"Hyunjin, we should... probably identify that person and call their family, but... we decided to go with Jaemyun's plan," I said as I looked at Jimin who nodded.

"Yes, it might be better to bring Jongseong somewhere even safer than this hospital. Who knows, who knew he was here?" Hyunjin sighed.

"I have speculations, but I won't reveal them for now," I said, and Hyebin walks out of the room with Jongseong on a wheelchair.

"Take care of him. He's still suffering from mental and physical disorders, I'll text you my notes later. You should go before it hits early in the morning, it will be harder knowing there will be more people," Hyunjin said as he patted my shoulder.

"Yeah... we'll go now. Jaemyun... how do we go there?" I asked, and Jimin looked at his phone.

"If we could, we could use my car. The driver just left the car, it would be better and safer," he replied and I nodded as we walked to the parking lot.

As we fastened ourselves in the car, Jimin quickly turned the engine on and we started to back out from the lot. I bit my lip, deep in thought as I looked at the pitch dark night. It was currently 1 in the morning, and we had to get to our destination before sunrise.

"Soujin, keep an eye on Jongseong and Hyebin. I'm gonna open a phone call, don't say a word," Jimin said as he pressed the earpiece in his ear.

As we got to the open road, it was empty. It was dark and only a few streetlights were open, we were the only ones on the road as of the moment. I mean, we decided to take a route that was mostly located at the outskirts of Seoul.

I was on the passenger's seat as Jimin drove at the driver's seat. He gripped the steering wheel and he was going on a fast speed, not that I'm complaining though.

BANG!

A loud shot welcomed us, and my eyes widened as I looked at Jimin who gritted his teeth.

"Fuck," he cussed as he did a sharp turn to the right, making us all lean by the side.

BOOM!

I looked at Jimin again.

"What was that?" I asked, and Jimin sighed.

"They found us," he tsked as he stepped on the gas pedal.

"What do you mean who found us?!" I exclaimed and Jimin narrowed his eyes.

"I don't know. We get chased down a lot back then, but that doesn't matter. I think they're coming for Jongseong," Jimin replied as he looked behind for a second.

"Yup, those aren't normal gang members we usually get. They're private assassins," Jimin muttered as he steered the wheel.

"Hyebin, Jongseong! Keep your heads low!" I said and Jimin took something out from his pocket.

"Soujin, take the wheel for a bit, I'm gonna get into action," Jimin said as he let go of the wheel, and my eyes widened as I reached for the wheel, trying to maintain ourselves on the road.

Jimin sticks half of his body out, turning his head to the people chasing us down before firing bullets.

"I only gunned down two people, but that won't be enough to stop them," Jimin said as he got back to taking over the wheel.

"I can help... although I'll probably be killed first thing I stick myself out," I muttered, and Jimin shook his head.

"Nope, I'll also get killed once he finds out if that happened to you," Jimin smiled softly as I looked behind me.

"Jimin! They're closing in!" I said, and Jimin stepped on the gas pedal.

"This is bad," he sighed irritatedly.

"I don't have enough bullets for that," he said.

Then, my eyes widened.

"J-Jimin," I spoke out.

Suddenly, the assassins behind us started to collapse one by one. I could clearly see them getting their heads pierced by a certain bullet.

"We have the upper hand here now," Jimin said as he looked up at the tall buildings, and I looked up at the direction where he was looking at.

Up there on the building, there was a man who was holding a sniper's rifle, his sharp eye following the assassins moving in cars and motorcycles, before aiming to shoot them clean and clear where he wanted them.

"Jimin, why the fuck would you take this high route? I know it's the safest but the most dangerous way to get your brains exploded," a voice started to talk, and Jimin looked at his phone.

"I know you'll have my back hyung, just keep watch," Jimin grinned and the voice sighed.

Soon, the assassins started to disengage, most of them turned back to the opposite way they came and the person who was talking to Jimin a few minutes ago was heard again.

"Meet you at the venue, don't take too long. There won't be danger anymore," he said before hanging up.

"You heard the man, let's get Jongseong and Hyebin to a safe place," Jimin said as I watched over the two who were huddled together.

THIRD PERSON POV

"You know I'm also as worried as you," Yuuri said as she stared at Yeonjun who was laying on the sofa like a dead person.

"What does this sender want from us?" Yeonjun groaned and Yuuri sighed as she stared at the monitor.

"This isn't even a spam mail anymore, it's a threat," Yuuri stood up as she tied her black hair.

"If this a threat, I won't hesitate to put up a fight. A rookie is in danger," she said as she approached her window.

Then, the door slowly opened. And Yuuri and Yeonjun looked to the direction where his mentor was looking at.

"Yuuri! Long time no see!" A voice startled the room and Yuuri's brows burrowed as she bit her lip.

"Still the same annoying voice," she muttered, and Yeonjun looked at the both cluelessly.

"That's harsh to treat your precious colleague, but it's been so long since we haven't met," the voice replied as they approached the woman.

"Didn't I tell you not to ever take a step inside of my law firm?!" Yuuri said as she grumbled slightly, and they chuckled.

"Am I... missing something here? Is he an acquaintance? An ex?" Yeonjun asked and Yuuri glared at Yeonjun.

"Like heck this stupid douchebag would be my ex! Never in my existence would I end up with a fucker like him!" Yuuri replied and Yeonjun closed his mouth shut.

"Your mentee sure loves to make up some unwanted gossip," they said and Yuuri rolled her eyes.

"Don't bring him into this, now tell me what you want," she said as she sat on her chair with a straight face.

"Before I do tell what my business is here allow me to introduce myself....

...I am Senior Attorney Byun Baekhyun, I have you haven't forgotten about me, Yuuri?"

------
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

Vote lol

I am at the brink of madness bc of these chapters but i wont give up >:(