LVII

FIFTY SEVEN: KIDS KNOW TOO

SOUJIN POV

"Yeonjun hyung!" A small voice called again, and Yeonjun's eyes brightened as he looked over at the two boys coming towards him.

"Heeseung and Sunghoon? What are you boys doing here? Remember to shush or else the bad guys will come," Yeonjun smiled.

"These are?" Soujin asked and Yeonjun smiled.

"They're kids that I secretly took care of for the past few years. They're under my father, and so I always make sure they're fine although they aren't," Yeonjun replied.

"If you knew they aren't okay, then why didn't you make a case or investigate this over the past few years?" I asked, it was indeed a bit questionable though. Yeonjun is a senior attorney, and him knowing these kinds of illegal acts should be notified immediately.

"Yuuri noona knows, but she told me it would be better to get more evidence against my father to win the trial. I know you don't know my father, Soujin. Father is very mindful of the dirt he's scattering, and manages to clean up everything, that's what I learned from him," Yeonjun replied as he patted the kid's head.

"Now that you mention it, Yeonjun, how did you and your father cut all ties? Is it because of some other things? Maybe because you're against this?" Jungkook asked.

"Well, my father was mindful of me not being involved in his business. And I minded my own too. But when I told him I didn't wanna be a mafia like him, he disowned me and sent me on my own to continue my education," Yeonjun said.

"I don't regret it though. The more I become an attorney, the more I can save these kids under him," Yeonjun said.

"Yeonjun hyung! Did you bring candy? Gummies?" Heeseung asked, and Yeonjun smiled as he gave him a packet from his paper bag.

"Here, share it with the others, alright? Now...  where's Mr. Big Brother?" Yeonjun asked, and Sunghoon frowned.

"My body hurts when I'm with him. But he's inside the mansion. The other boys are working in the backyard. You should meet them, they miss you!" Sunghoon said, and Yeonjun nodded.

"Alright, let's move to the backyard, I have to meet and ask some kids. Also, Soujin... try to help me keep an eye on anything suspicious," Yeonjun said and I nodded.

As we walked inside the towards the backyard, our eyes widened at how massive and decorative it was. It was a green pasture with a fountain and different ornaments and bushes scattered.

"Is that... Yeonjun hyung?" One of the boys smiled as they ran towards him, engulfing his long legs in a hug.

"Ni-ki! How are you? You grew taller than the last time I met you!" Yeonjun smiled and Ni-ki nodded.

"I missed you hyung! Me and the others were getting very sick lately... I don't know why. I... I felt like my body isn't mine," Ni-ki said and Yeonjun tilted his head.

"What do you mean, Ni-ki? Your body? Did he give you something unusual lately?" Yeonjun asked.

"It was nothing. But he always gave us sweets lately. We were very hungry too, and he starved us until he gave us food or invited him to his room," Ni-ki said softly, and Yeonjun's eyes furrowed.

"It's been almost ten years since my father hasn't seen me. But I'm still his son. I'm sorry, Ni-ki. I'm also sorry to the others," Yeonjun said softly as he patted his shoulder.

"I'm gonna save you all and get all the evidence I need for my father. Here are your sweets, share with them all okay?" Yeonjun said, and Ni-ki nodded.

-