II

CHAPTER TWO: JEON JUNGCROOK

"Jeon Jungkook? You mean the guy who got arrested along with his accomplices a year ago?" Yeonjun asked, and Jaepil nods.

"Yes, that's him. He got arrested for murder, smuggling of illegal drugs, theft, and for rigging prices, also was responsible for a huge event," Jaepil replied.

"I've heard of him, but I only read about him in the news," I replied and Yeonjun nodded.

"Is this related to Mr. Jeon perhaps?" He asked, and Jaepil hums.

"I called you here to defend him. Mr. Jeon was a good friend of mine but I was never brought in his dirty business. I am doing this favor as his friend, so I called you, and I have high expectations since you are from the great Kang Yuuri's firm," Jaepil explains, and I nodded.

"Kang Yuuri is my mentor, of course I would try my best, but you need to tell us more details," Yeonjun said as he pulled out a chair, and I did the same as we sat down and Jaepil explained more about it.

-

"Good day, Mr. Choi and Ms. Bae, please do follow me into the interrogation room so that we may talk Mr. Jeon," an officer came as he directed both of us to a room.

"Soujin, I'll be acquiring records from the station, so it would be better if you did the questioning, I'm trusting you on this," Yeonjun said as he patted my shoulder, and I nodded as he left. The police officer showed me a room and lead me inside.

My eyes brightened a bit as I saw a figure sitting down behind a huge glass screen with holes so that communicating would be easier. The man was wearing the prisoner attire as he stared at me from head to toe, and the way he did was very disturbing.

"That is Jeon Jungkook... we will leave you here for questioning, there will be four guards stationed outside so if you need anything, we'll help," the officer smiles and I nodded as I entered the room.

Click.

The door closed, and I gazed at this man with a big build and there was something inked engraved on his skin poking out of his neck collar, and he had his ears pierced, but there were none on his face.

Okay Soujin you can do this.

What if he acts hostile and starts to scream and thrash around though? What happens if he starts to throw a fit and tries to hurt me? What if-

Not the time to overthink! No what ifs and buts! This is what being a lawyer is, and it will be natural.

"You're Mr. Jeon Jungkook, am I correct?" I asked, and the guy cocks a brow as he moves closer to examine me.

"Who are you and what do you want," he replied plainly, and he said that like it wasn't a question at all. I looked at him before putting down my files.

"I'm your soon-to-be attorney, but I want to confirm with you first and ask you questions about your recent case, especially the case about this one event-"

"And who the heck sent you? Just so you know, I'm not in the mood to actually answer your questions," Jungkook replies as he furrows his brow.

"An attorney? Who the heck would send me an attorney? Court day is coming soon, and it's pretty much impossible to have me as an innocent person," Jungkook fires, and I remain silent, waiting for him to empty his mouth.

"Sir, please cooperate with me. If you do, your sentence will have a chance decrease," I replied monotonously as I stared at him.

"Guess what? I won't. It's nasty attorneys like you who like to nose in other people's business. I never called for a lawyer to defend me," Jungkook grimaced and I cocked a brow as I stared at him.

"Mr. Kook, are you done talking?" I replied, staring at him with a stoic expression.

"Get out of my sight, it's useless. Every lawyer who will try to defend me is useless," Jungkook replied.

"Mr. Jeon," I sighed as I gripped the files.

"Please don't generalize the whole law world. Yes, there are nasty attorneys who chase for money, and they don't care about their clients one bit, but there are also those who want to bring law into the light, to find out the truth and with law, they hope to uncover the lies of this world," I explained.

"Yes, people will say that the law is useless at this point. But I, as an attorney, wants to make sure that all my clients will have hope in us lawyers, it's not about claiming you to be innocent or guilty, but to know the truth, and to find evidence, and to justify one's guilt," I replied calmly and Jungkook stayed silent.

"And, with your case which as issued last year, I will try my very best to defend someone like you, someone who was part of a major event that took numerous lives," I said.

"Plus, if no one gets to defend you, you'll have a hard time in jail eating stale and cold food, sleeping with a thin mat with no heater on winter, you'll basically spend the rest of your life in jail, we wouldn't want that don't we?" I explained as I looked at him.

"None of that bothers me... but... why?" Jungkook asked.

"Why... would you... be so stubborn... and try to defend someone like me?" Jungkook replied.

"I'm not being stubborn. I'm simply doing my job and at the same time reaching out to you as a person. And as my future client, I want to work my best with you, I want to know your story," I replied, before standing up and grabbing the files placed before me.

"Once you gave it some thought, please discuss it with me, Mr. Jeon," I said as I turning my back and heading for the door.

Jungkook was silent for the whole time. He didn't speak a word as I left him in the room. I walked our and sighed deeply as I scanned my eyes, looking for Yeonjun who was discussing with the chief.

"Ah, Ms. Bae. You're done with the interview? How was it?" Yeonjun asked as we walked to his car after exiting the police station.

"He refused to answer, I couldn't even force him even if he wanted to," I said as I slipped in the passenger's seat, and Mr. Choi was on the driver's seat.

"That's fine. It's natural for people like him to not cooperate at first, but it'll come and trial is still next month. Unless, he himself says he wouldn't want to be our client since we're not official with him," Yeonjun says as he drives.

"If that is so Mr. Choi, I'd like to take his case," I said, and Yeonjun looks at me as soon as he stops as the red light.

"You? You want to take this case? It's not as easy as you think because most of the evidence to get him innocent and have a reduced sentence have mostly disappeared by now," Yeonjun said and I nodded as I looked at the window.

"I'm aware," I replied as I played with my fingers, twirling the silver ring on my index finger.

"But it's the fact that I want to try my absolute best on my first case, I want to prove to Mr. Kook that not all lawyers are bad," I said, and Yeonjun smirked a bit as he nodded.

"That's a cute ambition, I like it. But I think judging from your eyes, you are far more determined than just that simple idea," Yeonjun said.

"Fine then. If he agrees, you'll be his lawyer."

-----
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

Vote or you will have no toes

I sleep now my eyes hurt