XLV

FORTY FIVE: OUR SONG

THIRD PERSON POV

"Did the plan work?" Seokjin said as he looked over at a corner and Jihoon nodded as Namjoon crossed his arms and rolled his eyes.

"What does he even see in that guy, he's a yakuza's pawn! Do you think I'll let this mmf!" Namjoon said but was silenced by Hoseok.

"Relax Joon, your sister's gonna get a boyfriend, get married and have kids... and you're here still single," Hoseok said and Namjoon glared at him.

"I mean I don't object her in those events BUT I don't see what she sees in Yoongi or maybe I'm blind!" Namjoon argued and Taehyung snickered.

"I'm not even jealous at all! I'm happy with both of them! I'm so happy I could cry! Wipe my tears, Jungkook," Taehyung said as he faked a cry, and Jungkook rolled his eyes as he stood beside Jihoon.

-

"Merry Christmas by the way, Namhee," Yoongi said as he walked inside the warehouse with her, and Namhee smiled back.

"Yeah, Merry Christmas," Namhee said as she beamed at him, and Yoongi sighed as he sat on the stool.

"I came finding you, but I ended up going to this old room and found you. It's funny huh? I guess you just spoiled yourself with what I was supposed to do tonight," Yoongi said as he turned pink.

"Spoil? You were supposed to do something tonight?" Namhee asked, and Yoongi nodded.

"You know... how to play the piano right?" Yoongi asked as he looked at something that was covered in a dirty cloth.

"Well, I do. But why are you asking that?" Namhee asked, and Yoongi smiled.

"I played the piano when I was 4 years old. And in Japan, I was known as someone who played for thousands of people, but I left it because I joined the yakuza," Yoongi said softly.

"But today is Christmas Eve, I wanted to play something special for you," Yoongi before taking the cloth off, revealing an old and broken piano.

"That's beautiful, Yoongi! Can you play for me? It's okay if you don't remember now," Namhee smiled and Yoongi sat himself down on the stool.

"This piece... is dedicated to Bangtan, but I want you to hear it first," Yoongi said before placing his hands on the piano keys. His long and slender fingers pressing the keys to start the song.

Soon, there was piano music that filled the warehouse, and Namhee stared in awe as Yoongi was focused and composed at what he was playing.

"I know this song," Namhee said as she looked at him.

"But it's played with as a duet, isn't it?" Namhee said as she sat beside him, and she placed her hands on the keys.

"The unique thing about this is that the hands of the other partner is chasing the others, like a person who wants to confess," Namhee said as she trailed her fingers to continue.

"It reminds me of you, Yoongi," she said and Yoongi looked at her.

"Me? Why?"

"You always carry the burden and protect those precious to you. That's why I trust you the most," Namhee beamed.

"Why are you shouldering this song all to yourself like how you shoulder the burdens? That is why I want you to share those problems with us, Yoongi... because I don't want you in pain," Namhee smiled and Yoongi laughed lightly.

"So whatever happens, it's not your fault because you carry all the burdens," Namhee said and Yoongi sighed softly.

"Thanks, Namhee," Yoongi smiled as he looked up at the window that displayed snow falling.