XXXIII

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE: HYUNG

THIRD PERSON POV

"N-Namjoon... hyung?" Jungkook muttered as he heard Soujin's name utter them. And he looked at Taehyung.

"Taehyung, can you track Soujin's location right now? I think... she met Namjoon hyung," Jungkook said, and Taehyung cocked a brow.

"Are you sure? Namjoon hyung... is... there?" Taehyung said, and Jungkook stood up on his feet before looking at him.

"I'm definitely sure it's him! I'm going to go see him! I have so much to tell him!" Jungkook said, and Taehyung stopped him.

"W-wait! What about the plan? We can't be sure that you're safe!" Taehyung said, and Jungkook tsked.

"Is that what you care about, Taehyung? What about Namjoon hyung? Don't you miss him? It's been months! He disappeared without a trace ever since that day, so if you're ready to come see him, then don't hold yourself back," Jungkook said before running off, and Taehyung sighed.

"I... do miss him," Taehyung said as he stared at his figure, disappearing off the distance.

SOUJIN POV

"Y-you...!" Namjoon's eyes widened as he pointed at me, and I tilted my head towards him.

"Bae Soujin! Th-that person! It's really... you!" Namjoon said as he backed away, and his AI assistant DuoYi looked at me before looking up at her master.

"Master, please do calm down. The target is in sight, and your blood pressure is high," she stated, and Namjoon exhaled loudly as he looked at me.

"Leave this lab at once! This is prohibited for the likes of you!" Namjoon said.

"That's more of a reason to actually confirm that the LIVV is actually in here," I replied, and Namjoon's eyes widened.

"This is why I hate people like you, you're always such a pain to deal with, you don't even know your limits," Namjoon said as he clenched his fists.

"Mr. Namjoon, in all due respect, I don't even know you. What I'm doing is to save those who are falling victim to the LIVV drug! Don't you understand? Children are dying, they die a painful death without even knowing their future and passion, and all you're gonna do is continue to enhance this drug!" I replied, and Namjoon shook his head.

"People like you will never understand! I've known you, Bae Soujin. And my piece of advice is for you to leave all of this alone, because it's people like you who get hurt in the end," Namjoon replied.

"Now, the LIVV drug is confirmed to be here, but you... I don't want you to interfere with my plans. DuoYi, activate offense mode," Namjoon said before turning his back at me, not sparing me a glance.

Since when... has this Namjoon known me?

And why haven't I acknowledged his existence?

"Offense mode, activated. Laser gun target is now at Bae Soujin," DuoYi said and my eyes widened as I looked up at the ceiling, and laser guns were tagged towards me.

Suddenly, the door opened, and a figure ran in, panting loudly as he looked at the Namjoon's back, panicking.

"HYUNG!" He shouted, and Namjoon turned his head towards the voice.

"Jungkook... what on earth are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in jail?" Namjoon asked, as he signalled a halt towards DuoYi.

"Hyung, it's... really you. What.... happened to your eye?" Jungkook asked, and Namjoon looked down as he covered his eye that had been replaced with a robot's.