\\ Foreword //

Hello and thanks for clicking this book!

If you follow me you will know that I write Marvel Fanfics, so I'm sure you are wondering why I'm suddenly writing a My Hero Academia fanfic. Well, I've been watching/reading the manga/ anime since it started way back when (lol) and I didn't really feel the need or desire to write a fanfic for it until now. . . I also read the manga but I've recently stopped since its coming to a close and I don't want to spoil it for myself. Speaking of which I won't spoil anything within this book.

Anywho, I'm going to try and keep this short and sweet so you can get to the reading! This foreword will explain a few things to help you understand my BNHA OC Rini and her complex quirk.

Let's get into it, shall we?

____________________

Rini's Full Name :

Rini Otani

Rini is pronounced just as it looks, rin-nee, and it means little bunny or smiling according to Google. Otani is pronounced just as it looks too, Oh-tan-ee, and it means large valley according to Google. I don't know the Japanese language so please forgive me if this is wrong and blame Google lol. Also let me know if the meaning is accurate or different!

Rini's Quirk :

Cognitive Time Travel
[ Later called Rewrite ]

Her parents registered it as "Future Vision" not knowing her full capabilities.

Quirk Explanation :

Rini's quirk allows her to travel through time but only through her conscience. She simply closes her eyes and can travel forward or backwards in time. However, she only discovers that she can travel backwards in time after traumatically running into AFO.

Because she can travel backwards, anything she chooses to do changes the timeline's outcome for not only herself, but the world around her. Therefore it is basically a complete rewrite of events and only she remembers what happened.

Examples For Reference :

A good example would be Marvel's Kitty Pryde and her evolved superpower from X-Men Days Of Future Past. In the movie, Kitty can send someone else back to their past self conscience to warn of what happens in the future. This then changes the entire timeline and outcome for her and the X-Men's benefit.

Another example would be Shunsuke Otosaka from the Anime Charlotte. His ability allows him to travel only back in time to the moment he received his power. I don't know the exact age he received it, but say he recieved it when he was 13. When he is 17 he travels back to his 13 year old self when he first got the power. And from there, he alters / rewrites the outcome of events to work out in his favor.

From these examples, Rini's quirk works in a similar way but she is able to pinpoint exact moments for her to choose when to start over and change outcomes of events OR see the future. She travels through her own conscience to exact moments of her life she already lived and from that point she can change events.

And when she needs to see what happens in the future, she can simply look forward in time and then return to her present self with the knowledge to change things for the better.

Limits :

She can only travel as far as 10 years into the future. For example, when she first got her quirk at age five she accidentally traveled forward in time to her 15 year old conscience.

She can also only travel as far back into the past to the day she first got her quirk at age five. And if she chooses to travel that far back, her physical age will be five but she will be mentally whatever age she is at the time. The 10 year rule doesn't apply when she travels backwards.

[ You'll find out more as you read! ]

Drawbacks :

A drawback is that she falls into a deep sleep (coma) if she travels too far. A little math for you:

A year = 24 hours

A month = 2 hours

A week = 28 minutes

A day = 4 minutes

Less than a day = headache

Also, due to the plot, having to deal with the aftermath of a timeline takes a mental and emotional toll on her. So a little forewarning from now, there will be some mention of panic attacks and emotional breakdowns.

More Details :

I hope I did an alright job explaining this! I know how hard time travel can be portrayed and written, so please bare with me on this and I promise as you read it gets easier.

Additionally, after explaining all of this, it's time for some other tiny details about this book.

First: This is a plot driven story. Rini is not going to be a love interest for anyone. She will be best friends with Shinso, but not anything romantic.

Second: For the sake of my plot, Midnight, Eraserhead, Present Mic, (anyone in their age group that is 30) will be aged up to 35.

Third: I'm sticking to BNHA's plot so I won't change anything major, but as you can imagine with an OC insert things will be different. Rini and Shinso make it into the Hero Course so the class total is 22. I might have 2 random OC's in class 1B to even the numbers when they interact but they'll be more like background characters. Same goes for other classes, it'll be a total of 22.

Fourth: This book will be having multiple timelines / time jumps because of the plot. Therefore, I'll have labels like "Original Timeline" or "1st Leap Timeline" or "2nd Leap Timeline" as headings or subheadings in the chapters.

Fifth: The book will be mainly from Rini's perspective, but I'll have it from other POV's too, so at the top of each chapter I'll have "Rini" unless it's another POV.

Sixth: I have my own artwork of Rini ( it's not EXACTLY like other templates lol ). Please do not repost or steal it, thanks!

That's about it! Hopefully that helps and isn't overwhelming!

Happy reading!

- GiGi