31 | En Prise

\\ 3rd Person POV //\\ With Rini //

\\ With Rini //

.

.

.

"Oh my god."

As Rini stood absolutely frozen in shock, Ragdoll got back on her feet and noticed her standing in the hallway. The Pro Hero could see the look of surprise on the teens face, but the look of dreadful guilt was more prominent than ever instead of fear. This confused the Pro considering she didn't know about Rini's Perception quirk, but she ignored that detail for now and went back to protecting the student.

"Run! Get to Aizawa and Vlad and warn them we're under attack by the League of Villains!" She yelled over her shoulder at the teen.

But Rini was unresponsive.

She was still stuck in a spiral of regret, her mind flying a million miles a second.

League of Villains. . .? I should have looked ahead. Why didn't I look ahead? I should have. But I didn't look ahead. This is my fault. I could have seen this coming. I could have warned them. I could have prevented this. . . This. . . What is this? An attack? A raid? Why are they here? They must be here for something. But All Might isn't here. Only us kids, our teachers, and the Pussycats. Could they be after someone? Who? Or do they plan to kill us all? Wait but why isn't the Nomu attacking us right now?

Rini glanced over at the Nomu and took note of the creature simply standing in the distance. It wasn't attacking. . . Like it hadn't been ordered to attack.

Within the drawn out seconds, she studied its odd appearance. It was large and muscular but it wasn't as huge as the Nomu that fought All Might or Endeavor. Those ones had navy black skin and were in a totally different league. So Rini felt they at least had a chance at taking it down themselves if they had to.

Next she took note of the weird helmet thing on its head. It was purple and looked like a visor but attached to it was a bite gag stuck between its clenched teeth. She figured maybe it was to keep the monster quiet for this stealth attack.

"What are you doing?! I said run! Go out the back!" Ragdoll snapped her out of her trance.

Rini flinched at the Pro's desperate voice and took a shaky step back. She wanted to run but she didn't want to leave the Pro behind.

"You s-shouldn't fight by yourself! You have way to-too many injuries!" She protested, her voice quivering without her realizing.

"I'll be fine! I'll only keep it distracted while you get backup! Now go!" Ragdoll ordered before shaking off the pain and springing forward toward the Nomu with her claws poised to strike.

"But-!"

Rini reached out and tried convincing the Pro to wait, but then the Nomu sprung to life again and startled her. This time multiple arms with chainsaws and tools burst from its back, the weapons lashing out in every direction as the Pro Hero tried to keep it busy.