8 | Consequences

\\ 3rd Person POV //\\ At UA //

\\ At UA //

.

.

.

"So to answer your question, yes I am willing to sacrifice my mental and emotional health to save people."

After the six and a half year old made such a declaration, the adults could only sit in a stunned silence. She was a child speaking maturely as if she were wise beyond her years. The sight would've been unsettling to the adults in the room but they were all used to it at this point.

On the other hand, Rini sat patiently waiting for Principal Nezu to say his lines like she saw in her vision. In her mind, everything anyone would say or do was already revealed to her. Its as if she saw a movie a week in advance and had to rewatch it again with the people who didn't.

"Okay," The Principal finally spoke up. "I hope you are alright with your daughters decision as well Mr. and Mrs. Otani?"

The parents glanced at each other with mixed emotions evident in their eyes. They were still not completely okay with this decision regarding their daughters health. She was their child after all. But deep down they knew their daughter was right; Perception types can't avoid the harsh reality of this world. The only way they can is if they turn a blind eye, but their conscience won't allow them.

As much as it pained them to admit, they were okay with her decision. But that didn't mean they were going to allow her to suffer in the process.

"Yes we considered it a lot. . . And we are okay with her decision," Mr. Otani started.

"However, we want to know if you will help her in return when she sees something too traumatic again," Mrs. Otani said while giving her daughters shoulders a light squeeze.

Principal Nezu gave a respectful nod.

"Yes, we are prepared to offer her counseling and support at any moments notice. You have my word."

The parents visibly relaxed at his reassurance then looked down to see their daughter staring up at them with consoling lavender eyes. They knew that look too well. It was a silent way of saying she was alright and this was the right choice according to her future vision.

"Thank you," they replied.

Nezu offered a small smile in return, then gestured to the Pro beside him.

"Sir Nighteye will now go over the details of how young Rini will accurately communicate her visions and report them to his direct line."

After gaining everyone's attention, the Pro Hero revealed the file he had been studying moments earlier and opened it for them to see. He held it in one hand while pointing to specific areas with his other.