2 | Quirkless No More

\\ Original Timeline //\\ At The Hospital //

\\ At The Hospital //

.

.

.

Light.

It was the first thing I registered when I woke up. And the first thing I heard was my mother's gasp.

"Oh my- Rini you're awake! Honey call the doctor!"

As soon as I registered her voice, I glanced over to my right and saw her hovering over me with tears welling up in her eyes. She held onto my hand tightly, but not to the point where she squeezed and cut off circulation. I also heard footsteps rush out of the room and I suspected it was my dad.

To orient myself, I blinked a few times and noticed my situation. I was in the hospital wrapped under warm sheets and hooked up to a drip and monitor. There were a few padded wires stuck to my head too. And when I looked around the room, I noticed a bunch of flowers and balloons.

Just like in the last vision I saw before I passed out.

At the time, I knew my quirk manifesting was the reason I ended up in a hospital. But what I did not know was my quirk jumped me ten years into the future and my mind could not handle said mental trip to the future, so it took a snooze to recover. . . And I was about to find out just how long of a snooze I had.

"Oh my sweet baby, how do you feel? Are you alright? How's your head? Do you feel any pain? Do you need any water? Are you comfortable?" My mom fired off questions faster than I could process.

All I could do was blink at her.

"Rini. . . please say something. It's been ten days. What do you remember?" she pleaded then caressed my cheek with her tender hand.

Ten days.

That's how long I slept for jumping a decade into the future.

The fact alone did not register completely in my head at the time, but I would soon learn for every year I looked into the future, I'd sleep a whole twenty-four hours. If I did the math: for every month I looked into the future, I'd sleep for two hours. And for every day, it'd be roughly four minutes. Anything less would be a headache.

But in reply to my mom's question, I looked down at my legs hiding under the sheets and began pondering over the lengthy vision. I wondered who that purple haired boy named Shinso was and when I would meet him. Then I recalled the other parts of my vision and wondered when, in time, did those all take place.

My thoughts were interrupted when my dad and the doctor suddenly entered the room.

"It's very good to see you awake!"

My mom and I acknowledged the lady now coming to my bedside with my dad in tow. As the doctor checked the instruments above my head and rambled on with similar questions my mom asked, my dad stepped around the bed and returned to my mothers side all while keeping his eyes on me. I had never seen such worry in his eyes before, and then he gave me a comforting look.