17 | Declaration Of War

\\ Rini //\\ At UA //

\\ Rini //
\\ At UA //

.

.

.

"Did we even stand a chance?"

Hitoshi's question struck me and resonated in my mind. His quiet and defeated voice made me pity him and his team.

I tilted my head to the side a little and offered a sad smile. Without saying a word, I let my expression speak for itself.

You never stood a chance.

And with that, the horn blared and our fight was over.

When the reality sank in that we won, Kirishima and Sero ran to me and gave me high fives.

"We won! Your quirk is amazing! Thanks for the plan, mine would have definitely failed. Kaminari's stun shocks hurt," Kirishima praised with a bright smile, showing off his pointed shark teeth.

"Yeah! Your plan worked perfectly and we won thanks to you!" Sero then tore off his tape and joined in the compliments.

"Aw thanks guys, it's nothing. You made our victory possible because you listened and carried out with it, so thank you," I replied and shone a warm smile.

Meanwhile, Hitoshi, Jiro, and Kaminari were still on the ground immobilized.

"Hey! Aren't you gonna untie us?" Kaminari whined.

"Yeah, I can't feel my toes now," Jiro added in a sour tone.

"Oh yeah of course!" Kirishima said while walking towards them.

We watched as he hardened his hand and used it like a dull knife to cut through the layers of tape on Jiro first. Then he moved onto Kaminari. And finally he came back for Hitoshi.

Once they were all free, we got our instructions to make it back to the monitoring room and started to walk out the building. Kirishima and the others started discussing the fight and how we all equally did well, but Hitoshi remained quiet by my side.

I nudged him and he looked at me with tired eyes.

"What's up?" I asked quietly.

"Oh, nothing. . ." He trailed.

When I gave him a concerned questioning look, he seemed to shake away whatever it was he was thinking about and quickly added to his answer:

"Your team did great. . . And our team did our best. . . But I wish I got to show off my skills."

"Oh. Sorry about that. . . I told Sero to go after you first because I knew you'd be a huge threat. If he didn't, you guys would have won," I revealed to my best friend with a soft smile.