28 | Calm Before The Storm

\\ 3rd Person POV //\\ At UA //

\\ At UA //

.

.

.

As soon as the meeting with All Might and Sir Nighteye ended, Rini was conflicted and upset. She wanted to help, and she seriously considered ignoring her mentor to look months into the future to help, but she didn't want to break her promise to Nighteye. She saw how shaken and serious he was about her not seeking out the man known as All For One.

When she made her promise, Nighteye and her left since All Might said he needed to discuss something else with Midoriya alone. Unbeknownst to Rini, it was the full truth about One For All.

Eventually, Nighteye kindly bid her farewell and could only hope she wouldn't look deliberately into the future. The teen reciprocated his farewell and could only hope the adults would find this man quickly through their investigation.

When Rini caught up with Hitoshi, he instantly knew something was off about his best friend. She looked. . . Troubled.

"Hey. . . how'd it go?" He hesitantly asked.

Rini knew she couldn't tell him what she learned, so she had no choice but lie.

"It was alright. . . It just wasn't what I was expecting. . .  Izuku knows about my quirk now," she supplied quietly as they walked down the hallway.

Hitoshi's brows raised in surprise.

"Oh. . . Why? Did they find out about Bakugo and Todoroki?"

"No they don't know about them yet. . . They just felt it was best he knew since we train together. I promised him I'll explain more later," she forced a smile.

Hitoshi looked at his best friend. He knew right away something else was discussed in that meeting to make her force a smile.

"Alright. . . Mr. Aizawa told me that our after school training will be put on hold. Is that what they told you guys too?" He asked.

"Yeah. Nighteye's teaching license is suspended so we aren't training on school grounds anymore. But now since midterms and exams are approaching they figured it would be best to take a break from it," she replied.

Which was the truth. Right before she left the meeting, All Might and Sir Nighteye told her and Izuku that their joint training sessions would come to a temporary halt.

"Ah okay. Strictly studying and self training between now and exams," he sighed.

"Yup," she popped the P.

The two suddenly found themselves back at the classroom, but everyone had disappeared. They took their time to gather their things in silence. The vibe Rini gave off told Hitoshi not to bug her with anymore questions. When they finished grabbing their things and slid the door open to leave, Izuku was right there.