9 | Hope For The Future

\\ Rini //\\ 3 Years Later //\\ Age : 12 //

\\ Rini //
\\ 3 Years Later //
\\ Age : 12 //

.

.

.

Another three years flew by faster than I could blink. And a lot of things happened within those three years.

About a month after Sir Nighteye visited us, we discovered - along with the rest of the world - that he was no longer All Mights sidekick. The news shocked me, despite my ability to see the future, and my parents and I were just as confused. They asked if I saw it happen and I truthfully admitted I didn't.

The next time we had a meeting with the Pro Hero, he told us that it had nothing to do with me or the visit. He lied and said that he and All Might decided it was time to go their separate ways; that he could create his own agency and step out of All Mights shadow. He also reassured me, from an adult to a child, that he and All Might were still friends.

My parents and I bought that lie, along with the rest of the world, and didn't question it any further.

From that moment on, we continued what we always did but with more room for breaks. I'd look ahead at monthly intervals and skip every other month. The Pro Heroes managed, although there were a few close calls, and I maintained my health.

My aunty Midnight also helped out with a few missions alongside her coworkers Present Mic and Eraserhead. Sometimes she'd take me out for ice cream and I'd drag Hitoshi along too. Other times she'd send gifts for us.

Outside of my secret Hero work, school life for Hitoshi and I was relatively peaceful. . . Until we joined middle school.

On the very first day of school, we arrived early and got to meet our classmates. Most were kids we knew from Elementary and the rest were from other schools. So for the ones who didn't know us, we had to make introductions. Which involved revealing our quirks.

"So what's your quirk Shinso?" A girl named Mai with short curly hair asked.

"And what about yours Otani?" A boy named Riku with orange eyes questioned with a smirk.

"Yeah tell us!" Another boy named Jin chimed.

Since Hitoshi and I were sitting down at our desks side by side, we turned and looked at each other. I gave him a look of reassurance and he returned a similar one.

"Mine is Brainwashing. I can control someone if I get the chance."

"And mine is Anticipation. I can anticipate someones actions," I lied.

My parents and I came up with the alias when our neighbors and my classmates started getting too nosey. It was a good quirk to pass off as my own since my dad's quirk was kind of similar.