5 | What Didn't Happen

\\ Original Timeline //\\ Summer Break //

\\ Summer Break //

.

.

.

After that day I befriended Setsuna, we all started hanging out and building a comfortable friendship. She still hung out with her three friends, but she'd spend some time with Shinso and I on occasion. It was a mutual friendship and she no longer picked on me or anyone else.

She also confided in me that her parents were having difficulties at their jobs and that's why they constantly argued. She didn't understand why they suddenly drifted further away from each other or why they drifted from her as well.

As for me, I could understand since I had the maturity of a teen thanks to my quirk. So I explained it to her the best way I could and she appreciated my small words of wisdom. I also told my parents, and eventually my mom reached out to Setsuna's to show her available jobs and help her get one. Setsuna's mom was wary at first but she accepted the help and reminds my mom on occasion for helping her find her new job.

Thanks to my quirk and everyone's efforts, Setsuna's family got through their troubles. And after such a happy outcome, time seemed to run away from me.

Soon enough, we were about to move up another grade, but we had summer to get through first. My dad took some vacation days and so did my mom. And obviously since Shinso and I are practically joined at the hip, his parents also managed to take some time off around the same time my parents did.

With that said, our families planned an amazing vacation together to go to Universal Studios Japan! Shinso and I almost fainted when they told us the news, but we recovered in an instant and started hastily packing our bags.

Our parents laughed at our antics and informed us that we'd take a train to get there, check into the hotel, and hit the park the next day. They added we needed to be on our best behavior and we eagerly shook our heads in understanding, thankful for such an awesome treat.

When the day finally arrived, we were ecstatic the entire train journey there. . . But I also had an uneasy feeling wash over me every so often and I would brush it off into the back of my mind.

"What rides should we try first Rini?" Shinso asked while pointing at a printout map.

"I don't know! They're all too awesome!" I squealed in excitement.

We were sitting next to each other on the train with our parents in front and behind us. Our excited chatter was the only thing that could be heard on the quiet train.

"Ooh how about that ride! That looks super fast!" He pointed at a rollercoaster.

"Uh, I'm not sure we're big enough for that one. . . How about this one!" I pointed at another.