1 | First Time For Everything

\\ Rini //

\\ Rini //

.

.

.

Everyone is the main character in their own story. They are also the Hero in their own story.

I too believed that for a while like every other person following their own path and making something of themselves. However, it did not occur to me in the slightest that some people are just destined for something greater. That they were the leading roles in some unnamed secret play while others were casted as supporting characters.

And I realized that very fact about myself when I joined UA and began my journey as a class 1A Hero course student.

At first, I didn't read the signs or notice the defining traits that followed said leading characters. But eventually they grew more and more obvious over time.

And that was another thing. Time always seemed to reveal all. . . Especially to me because of my quirk.

At the very delicate age of five, I discovered and used my quirk for the first time. Because the average age to receive a quirk was four, my parents got worried after nothing manifested when I turned five. However, like a flash of lightning, it came to me one day and I jumped ten years into my future conscience.

During my mental leap into the future, I saw flashes of memories I had not yet made. I saw it all fly by as if they were pressed between the pages of a book and someone rapidly flipped through them. And then, before I could comprehend what I saw, I crashed into a mental brick wall of sorts and landed in my fifteen year old conscience. I saw a glimpse of my high school life in UA and took note of my classmates.

It was very confusing for me, a five year old girl, to suddenly see the future. And as a side effect of my quirk, I fell into a coma that lasted ten days. One day for each year I saw with my future vision. And when the Doctors and nurses looked me over and ran a series of tests, they diagnosed what my quirk was: future vision.

Time certainly revealed all to me.

With such news, my parents were happy but they were also taken by surprise. Nobody in our family lineage had a quirk like mine or anything similar to it. Nevertheless, they were pleasantly surprised and my quirk got registered that same day.

And me? I remained blissfully unaware of the true quirk I had been born with: cognitive time travel.

My ten year leap into the future was a sneak peek of my life. Those kids in that classroom were going to be my friends one day. We were going to be studying at UA to become Pro Heroes. And the future was going to be bright. . .

Or so I thought.

That first original future I saw was nothing more than a pipe dream, or rather, a half truth. If only I knew how to use my quirk the way I do now. I could've looked further to see the trouble that awaited us - me - at the training camp. If I wasn't blissfully ignorant and had looked into the future, I wouldn't be stuck in the mess I'm in now.