14 | Quirk Assessment Test

\\ Rini //\\ Outside On UA Grounds //

\\ Rini //
\\ Outside On UA Grounds //

.

.

.

After everybody went to the changing rooms and got dressed in the gym uniforms, we all followed Mr. Aizawa outside to an open area with sports equipment and white markings on the ground. Everyone looked confused and were quietly muttering amongst themselves as we trailed behind him.

"Don't we have orientation to go to?" Somebody muttered.

"Yeah, why are we out here?" Somebody else whispered.

Hitoshi looked at his mentor then turned back to me with a questioning look on his face.

"Did you see him do something like this?" He whispered.

"No. . . I didn't look ahead today. Plus I'm still on my month off," I whispered back.

Which was the truth. I was on my month off from my secret hero work with Sir Nighteye and I also didn't want to look ahead because I knew my ten-year vision ended today. This was my first time reaching my quirks ten-year limit, so I wasn't sure if something would happen if I tried to look past it.

"Oh. . . Guess we'll just have to wait and see then," he replied.

I gave a nod before turning my attention on our tired teacher like the rest of the class. He stopped and turned to face us next to a ball throw area marked out by white lines and our class stopped a few feet in front of him. He briefly looked over at Hitoshi and I with his usual unreadable expression, and we pretended like we didn't know him.

Prior to getting here, he let us know that we would see him around the school - funny choice of words considering he was our teacher - and that we should act as mature young adults. Which meant not to tell our peers we trained with him and he was our mentor.

Everyone waited in anticipation for his explanation. And with a yawn, we got it.

"I brought you all out here for a quirk assessment test."

"What!? A quirk assessment test!?" The entire class yelled in disbelief.

"But orientation, we're gonna miss it," Ochaco whined.

Hitoshi looked at me with a dead straight face.

"Why am I not surprised."

I returned a nervous smile then acknowledged Mr. Aizawa again as he spoke in a critical tone.

"If you really wanna make the big leagues you can't waste time on pointless ceremonies."

Everyone gasped, but listened intently to what he had to say.

"Here at UA we aren't tethered to traditions. That means I get to run my class however I see fit."

Hitoshi and I glanced at each other knowingly. We knew how he operated since we trained with him relentlessly before getting here. Our expressions said it all: