30 | Change Of Heart

\\ Rini //\\ Camp Day 2 //\\ 5:30 AM //

\\ Rini //
\\ Camp Day 2 //
\\ 5:30 AM //

.

.

.

"Sooo earlyyy," Hitoshi yawned.

"Why are we awake. . . before the sun. . ?" I muttered in my half-asleep state.

True to his word - and exactly as I saw in my vision - Mr. Aizawa got us up at the crack of dawn and led us out to the training area. We all wore our gym clothes and shuffled along like a herd til our teacher turned on his heel and kicked off our day of hell.

"Good morning class. Today we will begin the training that will increase your strength. Our goal is to increase your skills exponentially so that each of you earns a provisional license. This will allow you to face the dangers that continue to fester in the darkness. Proceed carefully," Mr. Aizawa stated. He then threw a ball and warned, "Look alive Bakugo. Try throwing that for me."

"Yeah, sure, like in the fitness test," the blond retorted.

"That's right. When you first started school, your record was 705.2 meters. Let's see if you've improved."

"Oh I get it! We're checking our progress!" Mina pointed out.

"A lots happened to us the last three months. Maybe he can throw it a whole mile now!" Sero added.

"C'mon, get it Bakugo!" Kirishima cheered him on.

"I've got this. No one blink," Bakugo said in a cocky manner before launching the ball across the sky.

We all watched in anticipation as it disappeared into the trees. We then whipped our attention onto our teacher as he revealed the distance with his phone and we gasped at the result.

"That was 709.6 meters."

"That's it? Kinda disappointing," Sero commented while Bakugo straightened up.

"You've had a single semester at UA, and due to your various experiences, all of you have definitely improved, but those improvements have mostly been limited to mental prowess and technical skill. With a slight increase in stamina thrown in along the way. Your quirks really haven't grown that much stronger. Not on a fundamental level," our teacher explained.

We all let his words sink in for a moment; he spoke the truth, we never really excercised our quirks.

"That's why we're now going to focus on improving your powers. This'll be so hard you'll feel like you're dying. Let's hope you all survive," he added with a wide grin.

I swear he loves to see us suffer, I thought with an exasperated eyeroll.

As soon as his speech ended, we were put to work with the assistance of the Pussycats. The other two members, Tiger and Ragdoll, joined and helped set us up per Mr. Aizawa's notes. They were really cool and intimidating just like their teammates, and in half an hour they had the whole area turned into a wacky bootcamp.