32 | Checkmate

______________

______________

Warning: Mild Gore
______________

.

.

.

\\ 3rd Person POV //
\\ With Bakugo //

.

.

.

"Everyone in Class A and Class B! In the name of the Pro Hero Eraserhead, you are granted permission to engage in combat. I repeat, you are granted to engage in combat. We have also discovered one of the villains targets. It is one of the students: "Kacchan." Kacchan should try to avoid combat and acting independently."

Mandalay's message rang in Bakugo and Todoroki's head as they faced off against Moonfish. The teens glanced at each other and instantly knew Rini had to have passed along that message. And as much as Bakugo wanted to rage at the fact he was told specifically not to fight, he suspected Rini had seen something in his future to make him act more cautiously from this point forward.

"Gotta work. . . Gotta do my job. . ." Moonfish slurred as he used his quirk to rise over the teens.

"Get this guy off us Icy-Hot!" Bakugo yelled at the white-red haired boy.

"Hold Kosei for me then!" He retorted and handed the unconscious boy from 1B to Bakugo.

As soon as he passed him off, Todoroki unleashed an ice attack that stopped Moonfish's razor teeth from raining over them. The villain tried again but Todoroki shattered his teeth and forced him back.

"He's good at using the terrain with his quirk," Todoroki voiced as Moonfish jumped in the trees.

"Even though he looks like a scrawny small fry!" Bakugo growled.

The teens watched as Moonfish rose above the trees menacingly, hanging upside down as his teeth branched out.

"This guy's got experience," Bakugo added.

"Show me. . . Your flesh!" The villain declared.

We shouldn't fight. . . But the gas is behind us so we have no where to run. They're trying to drive us into a corner, Todoroki thought, weighing their options.

"Oy, focus up!" Bakugo yelled as Moonfish attacked again.

Todoroki grunted and unleashed another ice wall to shield them from his razor teeth. The villain jumped around and tried again, but it proved fruitless.

"We can't just stay here!"

"But we can't retreat either!"

The teens bickered with each other as Moonfish backed off again.