16 | Hero 101

\\ 3rd Person POV //\\ At Ground Beta //

\\ At Ground Beta //

.

.

.

All of Class 1A was ready and waiting to begin their training. Well, almost everyone. Midoriya came running through the tunnel last in a green jumpsuit and gear.

Since Rini and Hitoshi were at the back, they noticed him join and how Ochaco complimented him. She then commented on how she didn't want a skin tight suit and failed to realize the short grape perversely staring at her.

Rini and Hitoshi were in the middle of complimenting each others Hero costumes when Midoriya appeared beside them with excitement in his eyes.

"Woah! Is that the same capture weapon Eraser- I mean, Mr. Aizawa uses!? How did you get it? How do you know how to use it? Are you related to Mr. Aizawa?" He fired off excited question after question.

Meanwhile, to the front of them, Todoroki overheard and the gears in his head started curiously turning.

"Oh, no, I'm not related to him. It's kind of a long story. . ." Hitoshi rubbed the back of his neck and trailed.

"My aunt is Pro Hero Midnight and since she works here she knows Mr. Aizawa, so when we were kids he got the chance to meet him and learned a few moves with his scarf," Rini quickly told half the truth for her best friend.

"Woah really?! Your Midnight's niece!?" He pointed at Rini then at Hitoshi. "And you got to learn directly from Mr. Aizawa?! Oh you have to tell me the material it's made from and how it works and-"

"Now that your ready, its time for combat training," All Might stated from the front, cutting Midoriya's fan boy rant off.

Rini smiled softly at Midoriya as he clamped both hands over his mouth in embarrassment. She really wondered how a golden hearted boy like him deserved the harsh treatment from the blond boy standing to her left.

"Sir, this is the fake city from our entrance exam. Does that mean that we'll be conducting urban battles again?" Iida questioned.

"Not quite. I'm going to move you two steps ahead. Most of the villain fights you see on the news take place outside. However, statistically speaking, run-ins with the most dastardly evildoers take place indoors. Think about it. Backroom deals, home invasions, secret underground lairs," the Pro explained.

As he spoke, Rini had minor flashbacks to the crimes, accidents, and villain-related incidents she had resolved over the nine years she's been doing secret Hero work. She mentally shook them out of her mind and blinked multiple times to get the after images out of her eyes. But what really stuck out to her from All Mights speech was this:

"Truly intelligent criminals stay hidden in the shadows."

The line stuck out more than usual to the pink haired teen and she didn't understand why.