27 | Mistakes

\\ Rini //\\ Hosu //

\\ Rini //
\\ Hosu //

.

.

.

After talking with the Chief of Police then parting ways with Hawks, our group left the hospital and returned to HQ where my classmates were waiting. Although Midoriya and Gran Torino weren't involved in our operation, they had to stick around for confidentiality reasons. They were sworn to secrecy just like everyone else that was present in that alleyway.

When we got back and entered the lounge area, only a few sidekicks were present with the guys considering Endeavor, Best Jeanist, Hawks, and the other Pro's had to oversee the Nomu's arrest. Even Iida's brother had to help.

As I stepped out from behind Nighteye, I noticed how the guys weren't aware of our arrival. They were scattered on the couch set and still in their Hero costumes but some of their gear had been put away like Iida's helmet and Bakugo's gauntlets. They also looked concerned but not frantically concerned; no doubt Midoriya passed along my message and reassured them that I was fine. And speaking of Midoriya, I noticed how he and Bakugo were sitting across from each other civilized.

I smiled warmly at the sight.

"Hey guys, why the long faces?" Mirio greeted with a light chuckle.

Suddenly, all eyes were on us. Then without missing a beat they stood up and looked ready to swarm us but froze when Gran Torino stepped up.

"Ignore them. They were just moping 'cause instead of being greeted by this beautiful young lady, they got me and Midoriya instead," the veteran Hero with no filter said while gesturing to me.

With a tiny almost unnoticeable tint of blush on their cheeks, one after the other the boys quickly blurted:

"You are completely mistaken, Sir," Iida hand chopped.

"That isn't the reason for our behavior," Tokoyami crossed his arms and sighed.

"We were just concerned for the wellbeing of our classmate," Todoroki stated before averting his gaze to the floor.

"We already told you old man, we ain't lovesick puppies!" Bakugo raised a fist at him while Midoriya held him back.

All of their reactions were too much. I tried to hold back my laughter but I let a giggle slip. This caused them all to freeze and look at me expectantly.

"Oh, uh. . . They're right, Sir. I did run off without telling them where I was going or what I was doing, so I'm sure I worried them tremendously," I said in a guilty tone while fiddling with my hair.

Gran Torino simply said "alright" with a knowing smile. He then walked towards Nighteye and pulled him aside to talk. Bubble Girl also wandered off to talk with the other Pros. With them out of the way, the guys circled me. . . but since Mirio and Midoriya didn't formally meet back in the alleyway, I helped properly introduce them.