25 | Hero Killer

\\ Rini //\\ Hosu //

\\ Rini //
\\ Hosu //

.

.

.

"I think it's time for a break."

As soon as Sir Nighteye made the announcement, Bubble Girl and Mirio jumped onboard with the idea and got up from their seats. I followed suit and Shoto didn't bother waiting for his father. Sir Nighteye and Bubble Girl seemed to share a telepathic conversation because without a word, Bubble Girl motioned for us students to follow her out while Sir Nighteye lingered in the room with the fiery Hero.

When we left the room, it's like the temperature dropped ten degrees. A chill ran over my body as if I left a sauna and stepped out into a bitter winter. I hadn't realized how literally heated the discussion got with Endeavor.

The four of us then wandered down the hall as the echoes of Sir Nighteye and Endeavors voices could be heard. Muted by the thick walls, we could only here muffled talking. But we managed to hear the first half of it.

"Endeavor, what you said to Otani, my intern, was completely unwarranted, inexcusable, and unjustifiable! She is an aspiring Hero Course student at UA, in the same class as your son in fact, and you dare insult her as beneath him and her fellow classmates because of the nature of her quirk!?"

"Tch. You and I both know I'm right. In this world, having a powerful quirk is needed to settle matters efficiently. All Might proved that."

"No. Your wrong. Just as she said, power isn't the only requirement to become a Hero. It's a shame you can't see past that fact. . ."

Their discussion continued from there but it was muffled. Our party of four awkwardly pretended as though we didn't hear their exchange.

"Phew, glad to be out of that room," Bubble Girl sighed under her breath as she walked ahead of us.

"Right? I thought I was the only one sweating!" Mirio whisper-laughed from her side.

Shoto and I looked ahead at the two then glanced at each other. He looked away and I did the same, neither of us wanting to acknowledge the elephant in the room first. We walked in silence until we reached the lounge room. Much like Sir Nighteye's agency, the room was simple with furniture encompassing the space but a small kitchenette sat in the corner divided by a wall. Mirio happily walked over to the kitchenette and gravitated towards the fridge, Bubble Girl following him to get a drink. Meanwhile Shoto and I took a seat by the couch set that overlooked the city.

Since we were pretty much alone and the others were out of earshot, Shoto broke the awkward silence.

"I apologize for my father's comments about you. He's completely wrong and what you said was right. A powerful quirk shouldn't determine whether you can become a Hero or not," he said quietly.