6 | Serious Discussion

\\ Original Timeline //\\ At The Police Station //

\\ At The Police Station //

.

.

.

After the prevented incident, my parents explained to Shinso's parents exactly what I saw and what my aunty Midnight did to help. Then we told them that she would pick us up to meet with the Chief of police since he needed an explanation.

Not only for his own records, but the police had to report to the Hero Public Safety Commission and they needed a written explanation about the matter.

Since we came as a group, Shinso's parents asked if they should tag along too. But my parents talked them out of the idea since they didn't want to drag them into it directly. Hitoshi didn't like the idea of being separated from me and neither did I, but we said bye temporarily. They also said they'd wait back at the hotel until we were done so we didn't feel left out.

After we split, we met up with my aunt out front and left the grand amusement park in the undercover police car. And after a fifteen minute drive, we arrived at the station.

My parents and I went with aunty Midnight into an office. Shortly after getting settled in the chairs available, the Chief entered. He was older than my parents by a few years given the tired look he held in his brown eyes, and his blond hair had grey streaks in it.

We all silently watched as he took his seat behind his desk. And once he was settled, the discussion began.

"Chief, this is my cousin, her husband and daughter," aunty Midnight kicked off the introductions.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Aimi Otani."

"And I'm Kaito Otani."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Chief Akagi," he said respectfully.

My parents returned his greeting with respectful nods while I stared at my hands in my lap. I hadn't realized they asked me to introduce myself until my mom encouraged me with a pat on the shoulder.

"Oh, uh, my n-name is Rini Otani. N-Nice to meet you," I shyly muttered.

All the adults in the room acknowledged my soft reply and the Chief offered a friendly small smile. But as soon as introductions were done, they jumped into the reason why we were all there.

"Like I promised to explain earlier Chief, the reason I knew about the suspect's motives and apprehended him before he could do anything. . ." aunty Midnight began and caught his attention.

I played with my hands in my lap as she spoke.

". . . is all thanks. . ."

My mom placed a comforting hand over my fidgeting hands.