3 | Purple Hair Boy

\\ Original Timeline //\\ In Rini's Home //

\\ In Rini's Home //

.

.

.

Since I received my quirk four months ago, my mom and dad helped me train to use it. We practiced by making me see only one hour into the future just as Dr. Go said. I'd close my eyes, picture the calendar, then pick the time and day as simple as that.

Whenever I asked to see a little further, my parents would tell me I shouldn't use my quirk willy-nilly. But if I did, I should stay within a day. I did as they said, and once we finished practicing over a few weeks, I got the hang of it. Then they told me to never use my quirk outside of the house and to keep it secret.

Four months have passed since then, and I grew tired of waiting to meet Shinso. So to help make my vision a reality, I'd ask my mom to take me to the park every chance I got.

"Can we please go to the park now? Pleeassseeee?" I whined at my mom for the fifth time.

We were seated at the table eating a late breakfast snack. My dad went to work because he's on standby duty; there isn't a disaster but he needs to be there in case there's one like a firefighter. And since it was the weekend, my mom and I had a lot of free time on our hands.

"I don't understand why you're suddenly so eager to get to the park lately. You never liked it. . . Is it about that boy you saw in your vision?" My mom gave me a coy smile.

I blushed.

"N-No!" I stuttered, and my mom laughed. "They just put in a new slide, the kind that doesn't burn your butt, and I want to go play on that! I'm not looking for that boy!"

I lied.

"Okay. . . Whatever you say. . . Your father's already stressed about meeting this so-called "purple-haired boy" ever since you mentioned him back in the hospital all those months ago," my mom hummed.

"Daddy has been acting funny," I giggled.

My dad was stressed. He'd ask my mom after he got home from work every day for the past four months if I met him yet. And when she'd say "no" he'd let out a huge sigh of relief. Then he'd remind me that I'm his little girl and boys are lame.

"But," I began again by lifting a finger in my mom's face. "How will I know if it will come true if I don't go to the park?" I pointed out.

My mom simply looked down at me with an amused smile on her face.

"Alright, you make a valid argument. Let's go." She finally got up and started heading to her room to change.

"Yay!"

.

.

.