20 | Moving Forward

\\ 3rd Person POV //\\ In Recovery Girls Office //

\\ In Recovery Girls Office //

.

.

.

After the fight ended, all the Pro Heroes gathered the villains and secured them in heavy duty quirk suppression binds that the police supplied. And the police, who were contacted prior to the fight, strolled up to USJ with numerous transport buses. One by one the villains were led out of the stadium and loaded up into them. . .

Besides the two villains that got away.

The entire time the police officers worked, Rini stood silently to the side and stared blankly at the ground. Sir Nighteye, Mr. Aizawa, Hitoshi, and even All Might silently told her not to beat herself up about it, but she did anyways.

Eventually her aunt came from the City Zone where she had been stationed during the fight and tried comforting her niece the best way she knew how: by giving her one of her world famous hugs. It helped to a certain degree, but the teen would be lying if she said she felt better.

For the sake of everyone around her, Rini temporarily broke out of her trance to follow them out the rear exit of the building. Hitoshi, using some bandages from the pouch in his belt, wrapped his best friends bloody fingers in the meantime until they got to Recovery Girls office.

Sir Nighteye, Midnight, and Nezu had to stay and help oversee things at USJ. As for the students, they took the bus back with Thirteen after a lot of reassuring and coaxing that their purple and pink haired classmates were fine.

So here they were. Sitting on Recovery Girls beds. Staring at the pristine white sheets under them. Simply processing all that happened in such a short period of time.

Rini occassionally picked at the bandages over her hand while Hitoshi glanced at her out of the corner of his eye. Meanwhile Recovery Girl went over medical notes by her desk.

"So. . ." He mumbled to try and get a conversation going.

Rini looked over at him with tired eyes. Her pink hair shifted in the process and a few strands cascaded around her face to perfectly frame it. With all of her attention on him, he suddenly felt his mouth clamp shut. What was he going to ask again?

"Uh. . ."

Just then, the door opened and revealed Midnight, Sir Nighteye, Nezu, and Mr. Aizawa. The adults briefly greeted Recovery Girl before setting their attention on the teens resting on the beds. Hitoshi offered a tiny bow of his head in acknowledgement. But when they met Rini's gaze, she looked away and sighed, and the ever observant Pros caught it.

However, before anyone could say a single word, she beat everyone to the punch.

"I'm going to look ahead again."