Colin the Caterpillar (S)

I had a request for more Colin content, and as a tribute to Scarlett's first awards show in ages and her birthday, I wrote this. Hope you enjoy!

Reader is 6

~~~

I was out at the grocery store with Scarlett and her husband Colin.

We were doing the weekly shop, while trying to avoid the paparazzi that we knew were around.

I was sitting in the seat at the front of the trolley, while Scarlett pushed me with Colin walking next to us.

"Y/N, do you want Apple juice or Orange juice?" Scarlett asked holding up two cartons.

"Apple!" I say immediately, grabbing it off her and reaching to put it in the cart behind me.

"Apple it is then." She laughs, putting the Orange juice back for pushing the trolley to the bread section where Colin was.

"Scarlett, I'm hungry!" I whine as she and Colin are choosing some loaf's of bread.

"I'm sorry sweetie, I don't have any snacks on me. Your going to have to wait until we get home." Scarlett tells me, making me whine more and hit the trolley.

"Y/N, If you stop doing that then I may have something for you to eat." Colin says, putting his hand in his pocket.

I stop moving immediately.

Colin smiles, pulling out some Pop Tarts from his pocket and giving them to me.

I gasp excitedly. "Thank you!" I shriek before tearing into the packaging and taking a bite out of the Pop Tart, dropping crumbs all over myself and the grocery stores floor.

"You know she could have waited until we got home." Scarlett jokes, letting Colin push the trolley through the cake section.

"Yeah but look how happy she is now." Colin pointed out as I stuffed my face full of Pop Tarts.

Suddenly I gasp and start wriggling in my seat and pointing at a certain British cake on the shelf.

"Look, look! Colin it's you!"

Scarlett and Colin look at me, confused. Before looking where I was pointing and laughing.

"Yes it apparently is me." Colin laughs, pulling the cake of the shelf.

"Oh come on we've got to get that." Scarlett grins at me.

Colin puts the cake in the cart and I laugh in excitement.

"Down?" I ask pointing to the ground.

"Okay sweetheart." Colin lifts me out of the seat and places me gently on the floor, grabbing my hand.

Eventually we make it through the checkout, however as we near the exit we can see the flashes of the paparazzi.

"Shit..." Colin mutters as they catch sight of us leaving the shop and start to swarm around us.

I grab Colin's hand tighter, letting out a whine at the flashes and grabbing at his coat.

Colin picks me up, taking the sunglasses Scarlett had just given him and put them over my eyes to try and reduce the flashing.

I bury my face in Colin's chest as we make our way to the car, the paparazzi shouting things at us as they follow.

Scarlett hurriedly puts the shopping in the back of the car, while Colin opens the back door to put me in.

Just before he bends down, I feel someone grab my arm, making me scream.

Colin whips around, pushing the guy back with his spare arm.

"What is wrong with you?!" He shouts at the man. "You can't just grab a kid! I'm contacting the police!"

I bury my face even deeper into his coat, just wanting to get home.

Eventually Scarlett runs back from hurriedly putting the trolley away and gets in the car, starting it.

Colin gives the man one more dirty look after threatening to call the police, before turning and placing me on my booster seat in the back, before climbing into the passenger side.

Scarlett drives away, leaving the paparazzi in the car park.

"How did they even know we were in there?" Scarlett questions angrily.

"I don't know." Colin sighs, turning around to look at me.

"You okay, sweetie? I'm sorry that man touched you." He reached back and put a comforting hand on my leg.

"I'm okay, but I didn't like the man grabbing me..." I admit making Colin smile sadly.

"I know sweetie, I wish they weren't like that, but they are." Scarlett pulled into the driveway before stopping the car.

I jumped out, running to the boot.

"I want the Colin cake to help me feel better!" I plead as Colin lets out a small sigh before bringing out the Colin Caterpillar cake.

I let out a shriek of delight, grabbing it of Colin and taking it to show all my toys.

Hope you liked this!