Nightmares (R)

Thank you for the idea @eleisnotakat. Also it's currently 1:25am, and I have the overwhelming urge to write this. So, hope you enjoy! Also anyone else watch Call The Midwife or Death In Paradise? Cause they both had Xmas specials on today, and were honestly SO good. Anyways rant over.

Reader is 7

~~~

I woke up with a gasp, sitting up in my bed.

I dart my eyes around the room, checking for the man that was chasing me, but he wasn't there.

I feel tears start to drop down my face, and I let out a sob as the memories from my bad dream come flooding back.

I clutch my bunny to me tightly, crying. I want Rachel.

I don't know if she will be mad though if I wake her up this late...

I weigh up my choices for a minute, when a frame falls of my wall, making me jump at the noise and cry harder.

My decision made, I scramble out of my bed, holding my bunny close to me as I run out of my room and across the hall to Rachel's and Daniels, although Daniel wasn't here as he was on a press tour. And there kids weren't either as they were all at sleepovers.

My sobs get louder as I push open Rachel's door, making her sit up from the noise.

She hears me crying and quickly turns on her bedside light, while getting out of bed and rushing over to me, scooping me up.

"Oh Y/N/N, what's wrong sweetheart?" She asks gently while rocking me to try and calm down my cries.

I just shake my head, sobbing into her shoulder, unable to get the words out.

"Okay, shh, shh shh. Calm down sweetie." She soothes, bouncing my small frame, while pacing up and down her room.

After about 10 minutes, my sobs turn into sniffles as Rachel continues to soothe me.

Once Rachel feels my body letting limper, she moves towards her bed and attempts to place me down on it.

As soon as she tries to set me down, I start to cry again and clutch her tightly.

"Nooooo! Stay with you!" I protest, making her stand back up straight, rocking me gently again.

"Okay sweetie, I'm not going anywhere." Rachel kisses my forehead before getting herself onto the bed and positioning me so I am curled up on her chest.

She pulls the covers over us both and turn the light back off, while rubbing her hand up and down my back softly.

"So, what got you so upset sweetheart?" She asks again, once my cries have calmed down.

"Bad dream..." I mumble, burying my head further into Rachel's chest.

"It's okay, nothing can hurt you, I've got you." Rachel assures, running her hand through my H/C hair.

I feel my eyes start to get heavier, but try very hard to keep myself awake as I don't want to have another nightmare.

Rachel notices this. "Go go sleep sweetie, I'm right here I promise."

Reassured by her words, I let sleep take over me, keeping my fists firmly clutched onto Rachel's pyjama top.

Fluff! Fluff! Fluff! Thank you for the request!