Musical Gal (D)

Don't even ask what this is. I'm writing it from my iPad as my phone got taken off me so I don't have my list of requests. But I wanted to get a chapter out so. Yep u guessed it, it's currently midnight.

Reader is 10

~~~

I was staying at David's for the weekend while we were having a break from shooting.

I told him I could stay in my trailer, but he insisted that I came back to his and stayed in the guest room.

We were eating dinner, which today was pasta with tomato sauce and cheese.

"So Y/N, what film do you want to watch tonight?" David asks.

I hum, thinking carefully for a few moments before my face lights up.

"Sound of music!" I declare, knowing David secretly loved musicals.

"Sound of music it is!" He smiles goofily, throwing me a piece of garlic bread which I bite into eagerly.

~~~

We are both sitting on the couch, watching my favourite musical when my favourite song comes on.

It's the song that Rachel always sings to me when I'm over, and my mum used to sing it to me when I was little, before she started not caring.

My heart wants to sigh like a chime that flies
From a church on a breeze 

I smile at the tv and start singing softly along to the song.

To laugh like a brook when it trips and falls
Over stones on its way

I continue to sing the tune, not knowing David was silently listing.

To sing through the night
Like a lark who is learning to pray 

I hear a deeper voice join in my singing, much like the Captain in the film.

I smile at David.

I go to the hills when my heart is lonely
I know I will hear what I heard before 

We sing, both on the right tune as the characters.

I feel a tear threatening to drip from my eye, at all the memories both happy and back sad that this song brings back.

My heart will be blessed
With the sound of music 

David puts an extra low voice on, making me giggle.

And I'll sing once more...

We both finish at the same time.

I smile at the man. "Thank you." I say sincerely.

"Of course, munchkin." He wraps a warm arm around me in return, knowing that song meant a lot to me.

We watch the rest of the film, cuddled up on the couch with David occasionally handing me some chocolate.

He was a better Dad than mine, and that was certain.

I hope this was okay lol. This chapter is actually kinda based on me as I love this film so much, and this song really holds a special place in my heart.